Super Contributor

Hi everyone - I would love a recommendation for a good under eye concealer for dark circles that doesn't break the bank - either a Q product or over the counter suggestion would be wonderful. Thanks in advance. Gail Kiss

Trusted Contributor

Re: Good under eye concealer

I have dark circles and have tried many concealers. The ones that work the best for me are the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour stick and IT Cosmetics Bye Bye under eye corrector. Both are available here - or at other sites that also have free shipping. When you sign up at either company's websites, they will send discount offers regularly.

Honored Contributor

After years of trying different products, I finally found the combination that works best for me and my dark circles and it is Tarte's Maracuja Concealer(no longer sold at QVC, but is on Tarte's website and maybe Ulta or Sephora) and Trish Mcevoy's Instant Eye Lift-I mix a tiny bit of Trish's with my concealer and it lasts all day and no dark circles peeking through at the end of the day and no creasing!!!!!!!! Good Luck!

Esteemed Contributor

Lately, all of my concealers were cakey & settled in lines, no matter what I did.

I had to just do my BB only (multiple applications, tapping no rubbing.). It looks better. No caking, no settling. I tried it on the weekend first.

Regular Contributor

My favorite is Pro.conceal by LA Girl. I've tried so many and this one does it for me. They have zillions of shades. Purchased it online. You won't break the bank and Makeup Alley gives it a four-star rating. Some reviewers compare it to Mac, but not as expensive. You can google it for the best price.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the best thing for dark circles is to NOT use a heavy concealer. In my experience heavy concealer actually makes them worse and more pronounced. When you use a thinner consistency concealer you do not get the cakiness and cakiness can actually make dark circles appear worse.

Many makeup artists use a peach colored concealer because peach/orange is opposite of blue on the color wheel so it cancels it out. Bobbi Brown makes a peach corrector. I also think when working with concealers it is important to "warm" the product up. On the back of your hand dip your ring finger into the corrector and then tap tap tap onto the back of your hand. This warms up the product and thins it out giving it a better consistency to go on your eye now. Do not wipe or slide, use a tapping motion. Start with the smallest amount possible and then do a slight building by using the tapping motion. Eve Pearl also makes a corrector. It is called Eve Pearl Salmon Concealer I think. It is very similar to Bobbi's correcter. Maybe a little more opaque. You can get Eve Pearl on Amazon, Ebay or Eve Pearl.com. You then choose your shading. You may want to check out Bobbi Browns first because you can actually see it there and play with it and have a SA help you out with it.

Another good one isn't a concealer at all but a highlighter, Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat. Many people have good luck with this whether used alone or with (lightly) your concealer or corrector. It brings light to the face, it is thin and not too thick so it isn't cakey, attracting more attention to that area.

Another very good one is Makeup Forever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette. You can find this at Sephora or their website. It is 5 different tones and they do have a peachy one. MUF is a bit thinner in consistency than BB or Eve Pearl. Again, use the back of your hand to warm it up and thin it out a bit by tapping before you start tapping on your eye area. You can actually see this product at Sephora before buying and try it out and see how you like it. The nice thing about this is that there are an additional 4 other concealers so you can mix to your tone.

For something like looking for the best concealer for you dark circles, it is good to check out all the makeup counters and just dig in and try different things until you find something you like. Let the SA know what you are looking for and then she can point you in the right direction.

Anyway, hope this helps! Good luck!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Here is the site for Eve Pearle

http://www.evepearl.com/products/concealers-salmon/

and Makeup Forever

http://www.sephora.com/5-camouflage-cream-palette-P12630

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

I have really dark circles at the inner corners of my eyes and here is what works for me:

I use Pixi corrector concentrate which is a peach/salmon color. I get it at Target for $12. I tap it on lightly then set it with Bare Minerals Bisque. I follow this with Cover Blend concealer by Exuviance (available at Ulta) in the color Beige. I have very light skin and this color isn't too dark. Cover Blend is a thinner concealer but with lots of pigment. I tap it to blend, then set with the Bisque. It sounds like a lot, but each layer is lightly applied and it covers my dark circles well. I used to use IT Bye Bye Undereye concealer but it was too thick and tacky and settled in my lines even when I set it with the powder.

Good luck finding a method/products that work for you. It took me lots of experimenting to find something that worked for me.

Trusted Contributor

I use Pixi peach under eye concealer. I bought mine at Target for $12. I LOVE it!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Benefit's Boi-ing is an iconic concealer for battling dark circles. It's industrial strength. Another great one is Laura Geller's Real Deal which is my personal go-to for when I need that extra help under the eyes.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}.

My favorite everyday concealer of the moment is Nars Radiant Concealer. It's not heavy, but does cover very well. In fact it is the more sheer texture that I love so much.