Esteemed Contributor

Good Proof Your Beauty Products Are Working...

[ Edited ]

I had to take a new photo for my driver's license and WOW!!! This year's photo looked better than the one I took few years ago.  What I noticed was my skin looked clearer and airbrushed... and the DMV does not use filters and enhancements. 

My conclusion is my regular use skincare products are all different than they were five years ago.  Granted the products I was previously devoted did a wonderful job helping to keep my skin looking pretty good through my 40s, 50s and early 60s, so many new skincare and makeup products have been introduced in the past several years that I've moved on.   

For the record I'm willing to try anything, but my personal favorites of the moment are: 

Skincare: Vichy Micellar Oil Cleanser; CeraVe Renewing SA Cleanser; M. Asam Vino Gold Cleansing Milk; Josie Maran Argan Oil; Josie Maran Argan Milk; Josie Maran Protect & Perfect; Neutrogena Clear Face Sunscreen (SPF) 30); M Asam VIno Gold Day/Night Cream; Algenist Firming and Lifting Cream; Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer; M Asam Vino Gold Eye Cream; 100% Pure Superfruits Eye Balm; Skinn Cosmetics ReOrganize Night Balm (eyes); DHC Face Powder; Clinique's 7th Day Scrub; Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber and Rose Stem Cell Masks; Vichy Sleeping and Double Glow Peel Masks.  

Makeup: Laura Geller Spackle; Laura Mercier Smooth Fluide Foundation; Josie Maran Vibrancy Foundation; Bare Minerals (original loose matte); Pur Minerals powder foundation; Becca Aqua Luminous foundation; IT Cosmetics Ombre Blush; It Cosmetics Ombre Bronzer; Too Faced Born This Way Finishing Powder; Laura Geller Filter Finish powder; Laura Geller Baked Vanilla Highlighter; It Cosmetics Je Nais Sais Quois Vitality Lip Gloss Stain; Lancome L'Absolu Rouge (liptsick); Urban Decay Vice lipstick; Bobbi Brown eyeshadow; Smashbox eyeshadow; NYX eyeshadow; Smashbox Gel eyeliner pencil; NYX waterproof eyeliner pencils; Laura Geller Eye Rimz; Anastasia DipBrow; Lancome mascaras.

I own many other products, but those are the favs. On the DMV photo I am wearing Ethereal Spackle; the Mercier foundation; It Ombre Blush in Coral; It Ombre Bronzer; Bobbi Brown Camel eyeshadow highlighted with colors from Smashbox Covershot eyeshadow palette Softlight; Je Nais Sais Quois Lipgloss and Bobbi Brown Art Stick in Cherrywood; Smashbox eyeliners in Private (dark navy on upper lid) and Baller (deep greenish teal on lower); DipBrow and Lancome's Grandiose mascara.  I brushed Laura Geller's Filter Finish powder all over my face and used the Too-Faced above the cheekbones and around the eyes to set. 

Woman Very Happy 

Frequent Contributor

Re: Good Proof Your Beauty Products Are Working...

What?  Too much information.

Honored Contributor

Do you apply other people's makeup too?  I bet you could.  How much time do you take to apply your makeup?  It sounds like you really love to do this.  I'll bet you could do other's make up too and you probably have a lot of pointers to pass on if we have any, right?  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you really use all of this on a regular basis you certainly deserve all the results possible.  I have always had good skin and taken exceptional care.  But, I would never commit to that many productrs.  After spending thousands of dollars on products I now truly believe that a few good products are all that you really need.  Otherwise, how do you really know what is working or not?

Edited to say  - you mention M.Asam... I LOVE M.Asam products and think that some of them are very, very good for the price.

Honored Contributor

It's good to learn the DMV uses filters and enhancements.  I'm looking forward to my next photo-shoot this Fall.

Respected Contributor

You sure made me feel much better about my puny lipgloss collection! lol  Wow you should have a youtube channel and do reviews and share your knowledge. I just have to ask....your favorite lipgloss? Thanks for a great list of products to try! I've been eyein' that IT Ombre blush in the coral for a while and since you wore it in your drivers license pic it must be a goodie. Hard to look good in those pics. I'm off to make it mine. Thanks!  

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

It's good to learn the DMV uses filters and enhancements.  I'm looking forward to my next photo-shoot this Fall.

I think that was a typo. The DMV does not use filters or enchancements.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trix  I also looked better/younger in my DMV picture taken in February (than in the previous picture taken four years ago). Then realized I had not worn any eye makeup or lip gloss that day. It's my natural look that gives me a much younger look! TRUTH. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Trix  I also looked better/younger in my DMV picture taken in February (than in the previous picture taken four years ago). Then realized I had not worn any eye makeup or lip gloss that day. It's my natural look that gives me a much younger look! TRUTH. 

Christina Aguillera was just on the cover of Paper magazine with minimal or no makeup and I didn't even recognize her. She looks nearly 20 years younger without the makeup. She also has fantastic skin, which helps a lot.

Honored Contributor

@auntgranny wrote:

What?  Too much information.

@auntgranny, from experience I can tell you that it took @Trix quite bit of time to compose her thorough and articulate post.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland