Respected Contributor

Going back to Paula's Choice....your favorite PC products?

I gave Skinn a good chance over the last couple of weeks. At first, my skin was doing well, but then I started to break out horribly. Yes, I do expect some break outs when switching to a new product, but this is the worst breakout I've had in years. I actually try new products quite often and I don't normally have this kind of reaction. Not to mention some of the products burned. Also, my face never felt 100% clean. Yes, I loved the smell of the PM cleanser, but even after a double cleanse, my face felt filmy. And the AM cleanser left me blotchy. I like the ingredients and the principles of the company, I just don't think the products liked me. So back to Purity for cleansing, and Paula's Choice for everything else....atleast until my skin calms down a bit. So, now that I'm heading back to PC, what are your favorite PC products?
Respected Contributor

Re: Going back to Paula's Choice....your favorite PC products?

And PS, I do love the Skinn shampoo and conditioner and plan to purchase once it's available. 

Honored Contributor

Big fan of her facial cleansers.  I started with Moisture Boost and I've tried Resist, but now I'm using Skin Recovery.  They changed the formula and it's an actual improvement.  Very thick, creamy, rich.  I look forward to washing my face.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

The 2% BHA is one of my all time favorite skincare products. I like the lotion because I can applly it with my fingers and don't need a cotton pad, like I do with the liquid. I haven't tried the gel formula.

Her Clinical Advanced Redness Relief is also fantastic. It really works and works quickly, which is more than I can say about dozens of other products I've tried that claim to reverse or prevent redness.

She's also got a lot of good and reasonably priced products to fight Keratosis Pilaris. Derma Doctor also makes some KP products, but they're all very expensive.

Respected Contributor

@ChynnaBlue. I have both the liquid and gel formulas of the 2% BHA. The gel takes a lot longer to dry. I don't use a cotton pad for the liquid....5 drops in my palm, rub hands together, then apply to my face.
Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

The 2% BHA is one of my all time favorite skincare products. I like the lotion because I can applly it with my fingers and don't need a cotton pad, like I do with the liquid. I haven't tried the gel formula.

Her Clinical Advanced Redness Relief is also fantastic. It really works and works quickly, which is more than I can say about dozens of other products I've tried that claim to reverse or prevent redness.

She's also got a lot of good and reasonably priced products to fight Keratosis Pilaris. Derma Doctor also makes some KP products, but they're all very expensive.

@ChynnaBlue can you tell me a bit more about the redness relief? I was confused about the application of it. On one site, it says to use it first, then apply your other skincare, including BHA or AHA. That seems odd to me. I would have thought you put it on over your skincare, like as the last step before makeup? And is it a cream or liquid? Can you apply it all over your face or is it spot treatment? TIA!

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@ChynnaBlue can you tell me a bit more about the redness relief? I was confused about the application of it. On one site, it says to use it first, then apply your other skincare, including BHA or AHA. That seems odd to me. I would have thought you put it on over your skincare, like as the last step before makeup? And is it a cream or liquid? Can you apply it all over your face or is it spot treatment? TIA!

I put it on before anything else. It soothes irritation, so I want it as close to my skin as possible, not battling to try to get to my skin through a moisturizer or other serum. It's a liquid and I apply it all over my face and chest because I get redness all over, but if you only get redness on your cheek  or around your nose, I'm sure you could apply it to just those places. I put it on, let it absorb, and then follow with my other skincare.

Honored Contributor

@Rachb wrote:
I gave Skinn a good chance over the last couple of weeks. At first, my skin was doing well, but then I started to break out horribly. Yes, I do expect some break outs when switching to a new product, but this is the worst breakout I've had in years. I actually try new products quite often and I don't normally have this kind of reaction. Not to mention some of the products burned. Also, my face never felt 100% clean. Yes, I loved the smell of the PM cleanser, but even after a double cleanse, my face felt filmy. And the AM cleanser left me blotchy. I like the ingredients and the principles of the company, I just don't think the products liked me. So back to Purity for cleansing, and Paula's Choice for everything else....atleast until my skin calms down a bit. So, now that I'm heading back to PC, what are your favorite PC products?

Rachb, I don't expect breakouts  when trying a new skincare product. Of course, it's always difficult to determine the culprit (breakouts, unlike allergic reactions, don't happen right away). But if you are trying only one new product at a time, it's a bit easier to determine if that's the one that keeps causing problems.

Hope you have better luck with PC. I use many of their products and have never had any major problem (my skin, oddly, did not like the HA booster, but that's about it).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I tried her liquid BHA at the recommendation of several posters here. I've been using the 2% liquid BHA from the Clear line for over a year and love it.

I also really like two of her sunscreens, both from the Resist line. One is Resist Youth Extending Daily Mattifying Fluid SPF 50, it's very light weight, absorbs easily and doesn't make my oily skin even oilier. The other is Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30, it's a physical only sunscreen. It wears well on oily skin, plus it's very slightly tinted. It doesn't provide much coverage at all, but it works for my fair complexion. Most tinted sunscreens are too dark for me (or oxide and turn orange), but this one is perfect for fair skin. 

FYI, I'm not sure if the names above are 100% accurate......but both are in the Resist Line and geared for oily skin. That might be the one complaint that I have, her products names can be a mouthful and too difficult to remember! 😃

I've tried samples of a few cleansers and wasn't impressed by any of them. 

I've read good reviews of her mascaras, but I haven't tried any of them. I'll probably do so during the next big % off sale. 

Regular Contributor

Like another poster said, the names of her products are long and I can never remember what they are called.

I like the resist AHA exfoliator.  It's a cream in a pump that I use over my Retin-A.  I also use the hyaluronic acid mixed into my moisturizer.  I like her Resist (dark blue bottle) retinol moisturizer, but it's too heavy for me for summer.  I have a philosophy moisturizer that I use in the summer months.

I've been changing things up lately since my hormones have been all over the place.  I had finally gotten into a PC routine that worked well and then peri-menopause hit and messed it all up!