Respected Contributor

Getting rid of broken capillaries

Are there any topical treatments that you've tried? I know laser/light treatments are best but I'm looking for a less expensive alternative.
Honored Contributor

Re: Getting rid of broken capillaries

I don't know but would like to hear what others suggest too.

Respected Contributor

Unfortunately I'm going to say no.  Any topical application would not affect what's under the layers of skin.  I had them around my nose very bad and had them removed.  They did it with a needle and it hurt but that was years ago.  They may have a better way to do it now.  Some of them did return.    I do know that exteme temp cause them.  I used to wash my face with wam/hot water and then splash with very, very cold to close the pores and give my skin a glow.  Little did I know that could be what caused my problem.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Valued Contributor

Honored Contributor

The only topical that I can think of that would reduce the appearance temporarily is make-up.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

NO, there is nothing and even laser treatments can be iffy. 

Respected Contributor

I have a few around the bottom of one nostril and asked my doctor about getting rid of them. She said they can inject a saline solution (sort of like treating varicose veins?) and it makes them disappear. I don't know the cost of such a procedure but she said she had it done herself and that it was quite painful.

Valued Contributor

If expense is your major concern, try searching diosmin or diosmin/ hesperidin on amazon or health sites.   Some people find this supplement fades spider veins.

Trusted Contributor

I've had both treatments done. The injection did nothing at all and was extremely painful. The laser worked but if you exfoliate the broken capillaries will return. I had a few pop up after exfoliating. I use philosophy's miracle worker foundation and it covers all my sins. A little goes a long way if you decide to try the foundation. Hope this helps. Also my dermatologist didn't charge as much as I thought. It was a little over $100 per treatment and they only allow it to be done once a month. 

Frequent Contributor

@nrm wrote:

I've had both treatments done. The injection did nothing at all and was extremely painful. The laser worked but if you exfoliate the broken capillaries will return. I had a few pop up after exfoliating. I use philosophy's miracle worker foundation and it covers all my sins. A little goes a long way if you decide to try the foundation. Hope this helps. Also my dermatologist didn't charge as much as I thought. It was a little over $100 per treatment and they only allow it to be done once a month. 

Thanks for the info about your experiences! ! Helpful to know this! I'll try the foundation you recommended.