Respected Contributor

A friend recommended the Generic version of Paul Mitchell's Tea Tree Oil Shampoo. I did not know that there were a lot of other knock offs of popular hair care lines available at Sally's.

Honored Contributor

Oh yes! There are all sorts of great generics to be discovered at Sally's! All the ones I have tried have been good quality. 

Respected Contributor

If you are  referring to the black/white bottles  they have paul mitchell color protect shampoo dupe as well that is exact. 

Respected Contributor

I bought the generic Paul Mitchell shampoo at Sally's.  I had a bottle of PM and I compared the ingredients between PM and Sally's generic.  The list was identical. 

However, I didn't see the same results with my hair and I've been using PM for over 20 years. 

The SA told me it was the same product, different bottle.

How can that be?  

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I bought the generic Paul Mitchell shampoo at Sally's.  I had a bottle of PM and I compared the ingredients between PM and Sally's generic.  The list was identical. 

However, I didn't see the same results with my hair and I've been using PM for over 20 years. 

The SA told me it was the same product, different bottle.

How can that be?  

@Sunshine KateI bet the amount of the ingredients was what changed.  Companies don't want you to know.

Trusted Contributor

I buy many Generics at Sally's.  I haven't purchased any shampoo or conditioner for my hair, but the generics I purchase now, match the ingredients and the order in which they are listed exactly the same as my Paul Mitchell Super Sculpt, Moroccan Oil, Sebastian Hair Spray, fingernail conditioner, base coat and top coat.

I had a sweet surprise last Fall, when I picked up one of the Sally's brand tiny lip glosses that sell for $1.  That lip gloss was the most moisturizing, long wearing, pigmented and long wearing lip glosses I have EVER purchased.  I have bought 3 more since then and had the same wonderful experience!