Contributor

Frizzy, Dry Hair -- Well Water?

Hi Ladies! I tried WEN (fall pumpkin) last night for the first time. I had used the Sally's Hair One shampoo before, so I'm not new to "soapless" shampoos. I was hoping that my hair would be smoother after I washed and blew it dry, but it didn't look any different! I've been driving myself nuts trying to find something to calm my hair down. I deliberately wash my hair at night so that the frizzies calm down a little by morning. I've come to the conclusion that no matter what shampoo I used that nothing will work with the water that I'm using. Not too long ago, during Hurricane Irene, we had to shower at my sister's house because our power was out. I noticed, after I showered at her house, my hair seemed softer and very little frizz. We have a water treament system, but it must not have the right ratio of softener in it to help my hair. Does anyone know what particular ingredient needs to be added to well water to help make it softer? Has anyone else experienced hair problems and have well water in their homes?