Super Contributor

Does anyone get weird vibes every single time the Fresh vendor guy comes on? Think his name is Lev (sp?), he's the bald guy. Don't know what it is but his eyes are always shifty and looking at the hosts up & down. It just makes me want to look away. Anyone else notice this?

Also, what is with having a FNB FB host? Tonight's question was, "What's the first spring splurge of the season?" What is the point of this and what does it have to do with FNB?? Seems like it was a waste of Amy's time to be on QVC tonight. They only show her like once every 45 minutes anyway and it's then she shares what vacays people on FB are going on, or what type of handbag somebody is splurging on etc. Again, it has nothing to do with the show on hand at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: Friday Night Beauty Vendor

Social Media Marketing is huge right now. They are actually very smart to include it in the show. It is very interactive and relevant. Every company, big, small, in between regardless of business type use social media as a marketing tool.
Frequent Contributor

Yes I think it is the future of retailing...it's a way to get people involved, talking, etc. Also it provides the opportunity for cross promotions, like the bag mentioned, which normally wouldn't come up on FNB.
Super Contributor

Social media marketing is here to stay, but as far as the Fresh vendor...he made Lisa look extremely stiff, which made me tense just watching it. It was awkward, there was a weird vibe, and I had to turn the channel.

Frequent Contributor

On 2/1/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

Social media marketing is here to stay, but as far as the Fresh vendor...he made Lisa look extremely stiff, which made me tense just watching it. It was awkward, there was a weird vibe, and I had to turn the channel.

You are right! I was watching too and Lisa looked very uncomfortable.
Super Contributor

When I see him I think of some evil Russian spy in a Bond Movie..... he is very creepy....

Honored Contributor

I am just now watching FNB and there is nothing awkward at all. I think many of you try to find something amiss all the time and when you try to find something, you essentially can always make something out of nothing. Much ado about nothing, as usual.

Trusted Contributor

I was watching the whole show. And apparently someone in the audience has a seriously active imagination. The Fresh man was perfectly fine. And Lisa was never ""stiff"". I don't understand the observation.
Esteemed Contributor

Wow! we must have been watching different shows. I did not notice anything amiss.

Valued Contributor

So I wanted to see what happened, as I didn't see it "live". So I played the video for the eye cream he was selling last night (which, by the way, is ridiculously expensive). What I saw, in the first few seconds, when Lisa was introducing him, was the Fresh vendor looking directly at Lisa, then his eyes go right to her body...and then he looked up and mumbled something about her looks. It was like an old guy leering at a young lady...it was awkward to say the least.....but Lisa was very very professional and steered the conversation quickly to the product. She didn't respond to his kind of creepy remark. I don't think she was so much stiff, as what she was not...she was not her chatty, joking, moving on the set, self. She pretty much just stood there, and spoke to him without any excitement or elevation to her voice or performance. Just kind of flat, for a lack of better term. I have seen her much more playful with other male venders , so this was pretty obvious that I think she was trying to keep him in check.