Honored Contributor

Found my HG primer that I didn't know I was looking for!

In my Birchbox May sampler: Coola Daydream mineral primer.

Small tube with even less product inside but I did my usual routine, eye serum, face serum and mixed the primer with my Isomers bb cream.

I don't do foundation so when I completed my eyes/brows, put on a bit of highlighter, blush and some contour I reached for the finishing powder but Viola! I didn't need it??!! I had such a lovely matte finish; no shine whatsoever!

Got home later (still impressed) and was reading the box insert (cuz the tube is near impossible!) and I find out that not only is it a great primer....it's got sunscreen!

It's not cheap but since it's basically a twofer I don't think it's so bad $42.00. I still had a sephora gift card in my purse .....picked it up yesterday afternoon!

Occasional Contributor

Re: Found my HG primer that I didn't know I was looking for!

I stopped getting my Birchbox but had received several Coola products while I had a sub. I do remember getting a sunscreen and really liked it. I think I'll start my box back, now that I'm feeling a little better. I miss them very much. 

Honored Contributor

@SnowOwl

Both Ipsy and Birchbox are pretty great this month!

Just got the Ipsy and there's 3 of the masks; not the cream or mud but the full face, holes cut out for the eyes, etc.! One's collagen, one's propolis and other is brightening. Also got a smashbox mascara and some Clark's botanicals Smoothing cream...

The Birchbox, amongs other things, had a vita liberata tanner in a white tube. This one works better than the brown tube I received in a QVC sampler last year..

I wish the selections were this good every month!

Occasional Contributor

Wow! Those are great samples and I missed out this time. I love face masks. I think I'll sign back up. My daughter will love it if I do. She likes to "go shopping" at my house.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo okay I took the plunge! I have not found a single primer that has really done anything for me but I am trying one last time with this one because, if nothing else, I can use it up as an SPF. It gets really good reviews on Birchbox and I had some extra points and a coupon code so was able to get a good deal on it (plus the free mystery pack!). Thanks for the recommendation and I hope I like it as much as you!

BTW, are you still loving it?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

@Andreatoo wrote:

Small tube with even less product inside but I did my usual routine, eye serum, face serum and mixed the primer with my Isomers bb cream.

I don't do foundation so when I completed my eyes/brows, put on a bit of highlighter, blush and some contour I reached for the finishing powder but Viola! I didn't need it??!! I had such a lovely matte finish; no shine whatsoever!

Got home later (still impressed) and was reading the box insert (cuz the tube is near impossible!) and I find out that not only is it a great primer....it's got sunscreen!

It's not cheap but since it's basically a twofer I don't think it's so bad $42.00. I still had a sephora gift card in my purse .....picked it up yesterday afternoon!

This Coola Daydream mineral primer, is it fragrance free?  When I saw the word "mineral", I got excited!  I love mineral products and for the most part they do much better on my skin.  I keep checking out primers.  I have never worn one but want to.  I am hesitant though as I have skin sensitivities, rosacea and can't do fragrance at all.  But my skin could use a little something extra.  Thanks!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Andreatoo

@Andreatoo wrote:

This Coola Daydream mineral primer, is it fragrance free?  When I saw the word "mineral", I got excited!  I love mineral products and for the most part they do much better on my skin.  I keep checking out primers.  I have never worn one but want to.  I am hesitant though as I have skin sensitivities, rosacea and can't do fragrance at all.  But my skin could use a little something extra.  Thanks!!  

@AngelPuppy1 Here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients
Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen) 2.3%
Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen) 4.0%

Inactive Ingredients
Alumina, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Iris Pallida Leaf Cell Extract, Isododecane, Lonicera Japonica Callus Extract, Mica, Nymphaea Alba Leaf Cell Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isotearate, Polysilicone-11, Silica, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

@HappyDaze wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Andreatoo

@Andreatoo wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 Here are the ingredients:

Active Ingredients
Titanium Dioxide (Sunscreen) 2.3%
Zinc Oxide (Sunscreen) 4.0%

Inactive Ingredients
Alumina, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Iris Pallida Leaf Cell Extract, Isododecane, Lonicera Japonica Callus Extract, Mica, Nymphaea Alba Leaf Cell Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isotearate, Polysilicone-11, Silica, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Trimethylsiloxysilicate.

Thank you so much for listing these!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze

Yes I'm still liking it very much and I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Like I stated originally I didn't even know it contained sunscreen, I was sampling primer. It behaves like a primer and sinks in immediately with NO GREASINESS whatsoever so the SPF came as quite a surprise!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@HappyDaze

Yes I'm still liking it very much and I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Like I stated originally I didn't even know it contained sunscreen, I was sampling primer. It behaves like a primer and sinks in immediately with NO GREASINESS whatsoever so the SPF came as quite a surprise!

It will be here tomorrow (Tuesday) so I will test drive it a few times this week before I post. I am going to try it under a powder foundation one day then a liquid foundation. It will be warm here so it will be a good test. Smiley Happy