Super Contributor

Re: Foreo luna pink vs. blue

On 5/23/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 5/23/2014 MissKlynn said:

I've been wanting one for awhile and have talked myself out of it twice when they had good deals. I've never been attracted to the clarisonic for the reasons mentioned, those brushes must harbor a lot of bacteria and then the cost to replace them. I too have heard the Foreo holds it charge for a long time.

The different colors are for different skin types. I remember seeing some good videos online explaining the difference but I can't remember where.

Thanks babyac for mentioning the dermstore sale... may finally cave on one myself!

I'm confused by the idea of Clarisonic brushes harboring bacteria. I use a cleanser on the brush while using the Clarisonic. Wouldn't that same "cleanser" fight against any bacteria living on the brush???

It may just be a myth in my own mind {#emotions_dlg.biggrin} but I suppose it depends on the cleanser you use? My mind says you use the brush to take off your makeup so where does the makeup go... into the brush. So then you have to clean the brush, and I would think only a cleanser with antiseptic properties would free it of bacteria building up in between uses? Or a UV light? And the bristles look so compact that it would take some effort to really get in there and get the brush clean? Seems like you'd waste a lot of cleanser washing those brushes after every use? And it looks to me like the Foreo would take less effort and cleanser to wash it off after each use. I don't own either device though so my thoughts are merely my own perception lol.

Respected Contributor

I got the mini because it was too good of a deal to pass up one day on HSN ($85). I have no issues around my nose or chin…. I think the design makes it easier to get into those spot than the Clarisonic. I'm another one who thinks it's much easier to clean than a brush. The only problem I foresee is with not having to recharge it regularly….. I'm going to have to remember where I put the charger!

Honored Contributor

I have the Clarisonic Mia and like it but I really want to upgrade to a Luna.

I have combo/oily skin so I guess the blue would be best for me. Wish I could get it now but it is low on my list of needs right now.

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 itsMe said:

I got the mini because it was too good of a deal to pass up one day on HSN ($85). I have no issues around my nose or chin…. I think the design makes it easier to get into those spot than the Clarisonic. I'm another one who thinks it's much easier to clean than a brush. The only problem I foresee is with not having to recharge it regularly….. I'm going to have to remember where I put the charger!

I know! I went looking for it just in case someday it DOES need to be charged, and I found one that works with it, although I don't think it's the one that arrived in the box. I put it in a manila envelope and wrote LUNA on it.

Contributor

On 5/23/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 5/23/2014 itsMe said:

I know! I went looking for it just in case someday it DOES need to be charged, and I found one that works with it, although I don't think it's the one that arrived in the box. I put it in a manila envelope and wrote LUNA on it.

I put mine in a plastic baggie in the bathroom medicine cabinet...I too was afraid.

Frequent Contributor

I have the blue Luna. It isn't harsh at all. As a matter of fact, it is much easier on the skin than a Clairasonic, of which I have both. My skin is very delicate and thin (I'm older and Irish) and the blue Luna cleans it without irritation. I would go for the blue, the pink may not clean as well since it is for sensitive skin.

Respected Contributor

On 5/23/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 5/23/2014 itsMe said:

I'm keeping mine in the original package….. had to search for it yesterday, but I put it in the linen closet…… that was one of the places I had looked, so I figured I'd look there again when I need it!

Trusted Contributor

On 5/23/2014 itsMe said:

Oh i know that 85.00 dollar deal was so good. i just keep checking back to see if they do it again. I definitely want to buy another one. I love my mini.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/23/2014 cantdrive55 said: I love my Foreo, bought the pink. I thought it would be the best for me over the next five years. I liked the extra rows of larger nubs on the turquoise, but decide it would not make that much difference and thought I would tire of the color after a while.

After watching the Foreo tape on the Foreo website I purchased the pink mini. The video explained the color choices and I believe the pink mini is for combo skin.

Respected Contributor

On 5/25/2014 untitled said:
On 5/23/2014 itsMe said:

Oh i know that 85.00 dollar deal was so good. i just keep checking back to see if they do it again. I definitely want to buy another one. I love my mini. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I wanted to find another 35% off coupon that Foreo had at the beginning of the year, and was planning to buy the full size Luna, but when this $85.00 deal was posted here, I grabbed it! So glad I did.