Honored Contributor

Foreo Luna (or dupe)...do you remove all of your makeup before using it?

I know the instructions say to remove all makeup before using the Luna...but do you actually do this? If I'm in a hurry, not often though, I'll just grab the device and clean. Wonder if it really makes a difference?

Honored Contributor

Re: Foreo Luna (or dupe)...do you remove all of your makeup before using it?

You're supposed to remove all your makeup before using it? I don't have to do that with my Clarisonic. I do remove my eye makeup prior though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I know the instructions say to remove all makeup before using the Luna...but do you actually do this? If I'm in a hurry, not often though, I'll just grab the device and clean. Wonder if it really makes a difference?

@SilleeMee  I do.  I either use a Beekman wipe or a Skinn wipe to remove the surface stuff, no real rubbing per se, and then proceed to my cleansing step.  I didn't do it based on the FL instructions though.  Dimitri James said that proper cleansing begins with makeup removal first. 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

You're supposed to remove all your makeup before using it? I don't have to do that with my Clarisonic. I do remove my eye makeup prior though. 

I know...right?? I always wondered if people are actually following instructions. I do, but it seems like double the work. 

Honored Contributor

No. No need. 

Honored Contributor

I don't remove my makeup, I just make sure I use a cleanser that works well to remove my makeup. 

Respected Contributor

Nope.

Trusted Contributor

I've never used mine to remove makeup because at night I use a cleansing oil followed by Boscia's Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder with a microfiber wash cloth.  But I use it in the morning with Paula's Choice Earth-Sourced gel cleanser.

Respected Contributor

I purchased the mini Foreo about 3 mos. ago, prior to that have been using a Claisonic for @ 10 years. As I got older I found that the Clarisonic was just too agressive on my skin, even when using a sensitive brush head.  I wet my face in shower, apply Purity face wash and use the Foreo mini.  Its gentler on the skin for sure and seems to do a good job,with leaving skin soft.  I haven't charged it yet...not bad for 3 months of use, twice a day.1

Respected Contributor

I use my oil cleanser to remover makeup. Then I either just use water or a little Purity with my FL.