Trusted Contributor

Re: For us older women who have dry frizzy hair.....

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

After I wash my hair I put in about a dime size of the DoveNutritive Therapy Leave In Smoothing Creme.  It makes my hair soft, shiny and very smooth.  My hair looks dull and dry and frizzy if I don't put it in.  Makes my hair look like a young person's hair.  I got mine at Target - it's a 4 oz bottle but lasts forever. 

Hi @hoosieroriginal

Can you tell me if that is the EXACT name of the product? Or is it under Quench Absolute Creme Serum?

Do you have link or pic of the product?

I've been to two stores - including Target - and I cannot find it. :-(

Thanks.

Valued Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I have seen the products mentioned here.  Most have a lot of silicones in them.  That's the reason I shy away from them.  I heard dimethicone and these other cones just coat the hair and eventually build up and do more damage.

I've found a few without cones, but I don't think they do a good job of detangling.

That is easily remedied all you need to do is use a clarifing shampoo.  I use this occassionally and 3-4 days prior to freshing up my entire head with new color.  It works beautifully.  You might consider trying it.

Respected Contributor

Suzanne Somers Brazilian Keratin serum has no silicones in it al all! That' why I purchased it and tried it; my skin is highly reactive to silicones and this product is advertised w/no 'cones'. Works great for me!

Honored Contributor

Anyone try Clear Scalp & Hair shampoo & conditioner? They have several different formulas. I bought the Active Damage Resist ultra nourinshing conditioner & shampoo. I really like it so far. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. It leaves my hair really soft, shiny & very smooth. My hair looks healthier & less frizz. I know that's from the smoothing ingredients. It has cyclopentasiloxane & dimethiconol & dimethylamine for smoothing. I thought it would leave my hair greasy but it does not. Says it's 10x more resilient to breakage. Since it already has silicone in it I don't need to use anything on my hair other then the shampoo & conditioner.

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

After I wash my hair I put in about a dime size of the DoveNutritive Therapy Leave In Smoothing Creme.  It makes my hair soft, shiny and very smooth.  My hair looks dull and dry and frizzy if I don't put it in.  Makes my hair look like a young person's hair.  I got mine at Target - it's a 4 oz bottle but lasts forever. 

Hi @hoosieroriginal

Can you tell me if that is the EXACT name of the product? Or is it under Quench Absolute Creme Serum?

Thanks.

@sandraskates wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

Hi @hoosieroriginal

Thanks.

Here ya go, Sandra:

2145967.PNG (243×406)

It's available online at the following vendors, plus you can check WM's site to see if it's in your local store.

(no need to schlepp around)

* Ebay.com

* Amazon.com

* Walmart.com

BTW, it's not at Target.com.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@feline groovy wrote:

Here ya go, Sandra:

2145967.PNG (243×406)

It's available online at the following vendors, plus you can check WM's site to see if it's in your local store.

(no need to schlepp around)

* Ebay.com

* Amazon.com

* Walmart.com

BTW, it's not at Target.com.

Aw @feline groovy Thank you!!! The pic you posted is not even close to what I thought the packaging would look like.

I actually just got back from a Walmart trip and I did not see it there either. I guess it's time to hop online. Thanks again!

Edited to add: From what I read on Amazon, Dove has discontinued this product. I have a Big Lots near me and will make a ptistop there tomorrow.

Trusted Contributor

Lol Big  Lots is the place to stock up on all discontinued items!

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

I use Fredrick Fekkai Glossing Cream on mine, but I have to mail order it and it is expensive.  I'm making a note of yours for my next trip to Target. 

I use to buy this product at Walgreens but I don't know if they still carry it. You might want to check.

Honored Contributor

@Jeannie29 wrote:

Lol Big  Lots is the place to stock up on all discontinued items!

I find a lot of products at Marshalls and TJ Maxx's.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have enjoyed reading this thread this morning and have put several of the items mentioned on the list to look for.  It is frustrating when popular items are discontinued and that then causes the cost to go up on the secondary market. 

After having short, short hair for more than 30 years, now retired, I am growing it out to try different styling. My hair is thick,wavy and coarse.  Having had short hair I know nothing about current styling products and tools. Appreciate all the info.   

Thanks!