Respected Contributor

For those that use the face finishing moisturizer

what  SPF do you use with it?

Respected Contributor

Re: For those that use the face finishing moisturizer

Not sure what the "finishing" is about, but I'm trying to find a light moisturizer for summer with a mechanical SPF of 30 or more that doesn't leave a white haze on your skin. It's okay if it has some color, but I'm not looking for a foundation.

I picked up an Olay CC cream for less than $6 on sale that has an SPF of 15 as a stop-gap while the UV index is 5 or less, probably through March. By then I hope to have something with a higher SPF that doesn't feel heavy in the heat and humidity.

Honored Contributor

@Janey2  What is "the face finishing moisturizer"?  Is it a specific product you're referring to or an AM moisturizer, in general?

Esteemed Contributor

@Jewel22 wrote:

••••••••

@Janey2,

Hello Jewel,

I was in the process of ordering the Today's Perricone trio when I happen to see your question \ ref: SPF. 

As an updated research, which I do, I use only a physical  50- 60,, if less, then not worth my commitment. My own opinion!

15 is approximately the legalities ratio amount in OTC sunscreens, by law, labeling SPF. Without going into the chemistry of cremes to lotion, along with those brands, used for beach exposure to the sun % number having a #40-60 is very wise. I, personally cannot use any OTC or high end ( anything ) that is  not a true physical, not lower than 40 SPF. 

One of the better SPF I CAN use is the #47 protection lotion is from the Josie Maran collection, or stay out of the sun altogether.

Just my perspective experience with different products.

Speaking of the Perricone, ( I assume ) finishing moisturizer for face, I really have no great accolades for [ that one] it versus the other Perricone products.

I do use several other 3 skin alternatives, one being Isomers, Maran's personal choices. I have never use the Perricone cream featured in today's threesome, though.

* Note of interest; I never used SPF until I learned about the physical*. 

Have a great day, hoping that you find exactly what you were searching for in any SPF \ creams to foundations.

NAES

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1 wrote:

@Jewel22 wrote:

••••••••

@Janey2,

Hello Jewel,

I was in the process of ordering the Today's Perricone trio when I happen to see your question \ ref: SPF. 

As an updated research, which I do, I use only a physical  50- 60,, if less, then not worth my commitment. My own opinion!

15 is approximately the legalities ratio amount in OTC sunscreens, by law, labeling SPF. Without going into the chemistry of cremes to lotion, along with those brands, used for beach exposure to the sun % number having a #40-60 is very wise. I, personally cannot use any OTC or high end ( anything ) that is  not a true physical, not lower than 40 SPF. 

One of the better SPF I CAN use is the #47 protection lotion is from the Josie Maran collection, or stay out of the sun altogether.

Speaking of the Perricone, ( I assume ) finishing moisturizer for face, I really have no great accolades for [ that one] it versus the other Perricone products.

I do use several other 3 skin alternatives, one being Isomers, Maran's personal choices. I have never use the Perricone cream featured in today's threesome, though.

Have a great day, hoping that you find exactly what you were searching for in any SPF \ creams to foundations.

NAES

@NAES1 -  I don't think the majority of the members can read Greek.  Would you please fix your reply?

Respected Contributor

I was referring to the moisturizer in the Perricone set offered today. I do not go out without an SPF so I would have to get one if using that moisturizer. I usually use a moisturizer that contains an SPF so this would be a different concept for me.

Respected Contributor

@NAES1, I'm taking the liberty of pasting your post, because the text is in a font that is somewhat hard to read. 

The purple copy reads:

Hello Jewel,

NAES

Respected Contributor

If you want to stick with Perricone, he makes two moisturizers with SPF 30 I believe -- Photo Plasma and Face Finishing Moisturizer w/Tint.  That's what I would use daytime.  You could use the Face Finishing Moisturizer without SPF nighttime (although I'm guessing in the TSV presentations, which I have not watched, they are saying to use the NP cream at Night and the FFM day?).

Esteemed Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

If you want to stick with Perricone, he makes two moisturizers with SPF 30 I believe -- Photo Plasma and Face Finishing Moisturizer w/Tint.  That's what I would use daytime.  You could use the Face Finishing Moisturizer without SPF nighttime (although I'm guessing in the TSV presentations, which I have not watched, they are saying to use the NP cream at Night and the FFM day?).

••••••••• Hello @sueinsf

Thank you very much for  SPF ( personal ) information....I had seen only a brief 1st show, then after 10 minutes had to work on some research papers and actually missed .....Everything that was included but did want to be off and away after ordering. 

In short: there is too much talk about call ins and close ups of the vendor, and yes, she has beautiful skin!

I have usually find myself ..Knowing about the product..,.

but did not HEAR anything of the TINTED face finishing cream! 

Have just returned so have missed all presentations. Did not know ___•of any Face Cream finishing TINTED•___?

Sue, you have given me MORE information than what I tried to listen from THEIR  beginning. I'll remember Yours and do the same, but still using the #47 Josie Maran SPF as a haaàa double duty. 

That was very kind consideration mentioning everything, taking your time to reply.  Heart~

Once again, thank you for your insightfulness KNOW!  Woman Happy~~~

I'M very particular about my skin care, probably since I was very young, around 13. 

I owe all of my best skin to a twice daily regiment [ way ] before it was The Thing To Do. 

My best friend, a dermatologist was extremely curious about my tone ( of skin ) and how healthy it ...kept becoming better...Was °NOT ° ``````my any sudden magic potion or lotion, though...Woman Wink!

NAES

Cannot use OTC products unless I am in for some very serious serious sensitivities. Parabens, carcigentic ingredients and oh that phenoxyethenol that these companies SNEAK in ever massed produced product. 

I am willing to go without before quality  is applied or eaten.!!!!!!!!

So much apprection for your delightful reply. Please come again. I am always available when any quality product is available and have used some that were not for me, here. Cannot off the topic, The Dr D line. 

Hearts to you and many thanks youS.

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2

Appears 100% In English to me! What is there that may be confusing?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@Jewel22 wrote:

••••••••

@Janey2,

Hello Jewel,

NAES

@NAES1 -  I don't think the majority of the members can read Greek.  Would you please fix your reply?

@Janey2

Appears 100% English to me?

What was so confusing TO you, Jewell?!?!

Of course I would • FIX• my reply. Now, you please explain what was so Greek about __** this? Waiting. 

Every one did understand. 

NAES Woman Wink~