Trusted Contributor

For brows: do you prefer powders, gels, or pencils?

I use a powder for my brows. I have dark blonde/light ash brown hair and my eyes are the same color. I get blonde highlights and lowlights, which are a lot lighter than my brows. 

I have been using Bobbi Brown's eyeshadow in blonde as my eyebrow powder now for more years than I can count. Now BB has a gel in the same color. I wonder if it is better? More natural? Or are powders more natural? Anyone want to discuss this?

Respected Contributor

Re: For brows: do you prefer powders, gels, or pencils?

I'm very blonde and I use Bobbi Brown's Eyebrow Shaper...... (blonde).....it comes in a tube like mascara and puts a very light color coat on my brow hairs......very natural looking.

Honored Contributor

It depends what you need it for and the look you want. I've used eyeshadow, but it's basically only good for filling in. It doesn't work if you need to extend the shape of your brow. I just got Anastasia Dipbrow and it works wonderful for extending the shape of my brows as they are too far apart. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Pencil -  as I've aged, my brows have thinned and there's too little in some spots for anything else but feathering a pencil.

Respected Contributor

I go between using the YBF eyebrow pencils and Two Faced Bulletproof Brows - finding that the pencil matches my color better right now. 

Honored Contributor

Pencil -- either the L'Oreal Brow Stylist Definer in dark brunette shade. Comes with a spoolie.

Or I use Urban Decay Brow Beater in Dark shade.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I'm an equal opportunity employer on this one. Lol! I use pomade, wax, pencil and powders! It really depends on my mood or the look I'm going for. I use pencil the most. I will say, I always apply a brow "mascara" to set. My brows need it!

Esteemed Contributor

I love gels on the mascara style brush - it gives a touch of color and a miracle eyelift while keeping the brows in place.  Mally's is my current love.

Valued Contributor

I've never found anything better than the Benefit Brow powder/gel compact. excellent and lasts a long time.
Regular Contributor

I alternate sometimes eyeshadow mahogany by Bobbi Brown.  Other times Anastasia brow powder and gel.  Actually today i was going to go to Sephora and buy Bobbi Brown eyebrow pencil the one with the slanted tip.  I heard good things about it long lasting.