Super Contributor

Has anyone tried Flowerbomb Extreme? Sounds interesting, I'd like to try a sample. I've  never come across in I any store.

Honored Contributor

@Summer Shine wrote:

Has anyone tried Flowerbomb Extreme? Sounds interesting, I'd like to try a sample. I've  never come across in I any store.

I got a sample somewhere.  I liked it.  I can't even remember where I got a sample.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

Thanks Winamac, how did it compare to the original? Which did you prefer?

Trusted Contributor

I avoided Flowerbomb for a long time because I don't like flowery florals.  I finally tried it and love it.  Absolutely love it.  It is nothing like I expected.  I love Angel.  It too was nothing like I expected - a musky sandalwood and not like I pictured "Angel" to smell like.  These may be strong scents but they are the kinds that do not give me a headache or make me nauseous like other "overpowering" scents.  Just love them both!

Respected Contributor

Have worn this scent on and off for years. It really is quite soft and pretty. The name kind of does not do it justice. I am not a floral person at all and this is certainly not in the floral category.

Honored Contributor

@Summer Shine wrote:

Thanks Winamac, how did it compare to the original? Which did you prefer?

Hi Sherrie.  It was a bit stronger.  I prefer the original!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

Way too strong floral - old lady scent.

Respected Contributor

I don't get the "strong" and "old lady" comments.  I think it is soft smelling.  Love it!

Contributor

I saw this topic and it immediately grabbed me.  I found this in a magazine insert last summer and fell in love with it.  Oddly enough it actually was heavenly when I wore it.  Scents are as unique as the person who is wearing it, so I find it interesting to 'label' them.  One person can wear the same scent and it appeal greatly to them.  As stated earlier, their husband hates it.  My sister can wear a scent and it's wonderful... I can try it and it's horrible on me.  So there you have it.  To each their own, so to speak. Everyone enjoy theirs.  Happy New Year to all.

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

I don't get the "strong" and "old lady" comments.  I think it is soft smelling.  Love it!

@mima, this is not a scent for me, but I so agree with you about labeling a perfume as being "old lady." No matter the rationalizations I've heard as to the meaning of that phrase, it's just downright insulting and insensitive...to say nothing of being ridiculous because as others have astutely commented, fragrance is so subjective.

On what is arguably the most popular fragance site -- fragrantica -- the site owners have their software set so that whenever someone posts "old lady," it translates it into "Bank of England." I have no idea why they choose that, but it's so funny to be reading a post on their forums and come across that.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland