Honored Contributor

You ladies are so informative so maybe you can help me.

I currently use full and soft mascara, (drug store mascara)and I do like it, but it really does not define my eyes, no matter how many coats I use. I have a stash of samples and have tried all of them...lancome, sephora mascara, to name a few....what a mess, all of them flake really bad. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is there a product that is clear than I could put over a mascara that would help the flaking problem? Thanks!!

Trusted Contributor

I can't suggest any kind of mascara sealer (although I wouldn't doubt it if there is one on the market). I really like Benefit They're Real mascara. It has never flaked on me. If you want to try it without investing too much cash, they have a mini at Sephora for $10.

You might also want to consider a mascara primer. I have not tried one so I can't make a recommendation, but I'm sure someone else here can give you some advice.

Respected Contributor

Try silicone tube mascara- It never flakes or dissolves. It comes off in tubes with a little warm water- L'oreal Double Extend, $13 or so. LOVE it.

Super Contributor

I really like Mally's Volumizing mascara, it never flakes on me.

Respected Contributor

Do you comb through your lashes after you apply your mascara? If my mascara starts to dry at all & I comb through them it breaks the bond of the mascara & it flakes off of my lashes. Other than that I love Mac In Extreme Dimension Mascara, Jordana Best Lash Extreme & Tarte Gifted Mascara. They don't flake on me.

Honored Contributor

Estee Lauder makes beautiful mascaras and there is one that conditions lashes too. Bobbi Brown also have excellent mascaras. On the lower end, have you tried almay? One coat is all you need. I have almay's mascara that is the right color for the color of your eyes. My eyes are green so the mascara is brown, etc.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

This happens to me when the humidity is really low.......like 3 to 5%

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Super Contributor
I have had very good luck with Bare Minerals Flawless Definition Volumizing. No flaking is the main thing I look for in a mascara as I hate to look in the mirror halfway through my day and see black specks all over my cheeks. The Bare Minerals does not flake at all and is not clumpy either.
Super Contributor

I got a travel size of Tarte in my Ipsy bag last month & it flakes terribly. Glad I didn't waste money on it. Back to my Maybelline in the pink & green tube.

Honored Contributor
On 1/24/2015 Knitgirly said:

Try silicone tube mascara- It never flakes or dissolves. It comes off in tubes with a little warm water- L'oreal Double Extend, $13 or so. LOVE it.

Thanks for recommending this. I've been using Boots No. 7 "Stay Perfect" which is the same type. But recently Target stopped stocking the color I prefer (Brown/Black) and I've been wondering if there's another brand out there. I'll give this a try when my current tube runs out.

I love the tube mascara as it never, ever smudged or flaked and it comes off with warm water. No eye makeup remover needed! Mind you, the first time I removed it and saw all these dark pieces under my eyes...I thought my lashes were coming out! {#emotions_dlg.scared}