Regular Contributor

Does anyone know where I can get a pair of sunglasses that fit over my regular glasses that don't look like I just had eye surgery??? I don't like the transition lenses because they don't get dark enough for my eyes. I have pale blue eyes that are very sensitive to the sun. My new glasses cost over $500. and I really can't afford another pair with the tint.

I wish Joan Rivers would come out with a nice stylish pair with some bling. I hate when you can see my regular glasses under the fit overs. Any suggestions? TIA

Frequent Contributor

The best ones I have found (and I have been through a lot over the years) are ones that I bought at QVC several years ago; however, I don't find this particular style there anymore. I looked at my sunglasses for you and found their website: ***.solitairesunwear.***. Click on the box that says "Solar Shield Sunglasses". Then, find the style "Solar Shield Panorama". They are polarized and wrap around somewhat so that they look a little more stylish & you have a wider range view. I don't know the exact color of mine but are sort of a burgundy color. The price is $24.95. Hope this helps!

Trusted Contributor

I bought mine in Walmart's optical department for $24 and I LOVE them! They are by Polar Optics. They are GREAT quality and come in sizes. I need a true Small and it was impossible to find anywhere else. They are fashionable, look great and have a spring hinge construction so they are comfortable. Check them out!

Respected Contributor
On 2/25/2014 turtle52 said:

I bought mine in Walmart's optical department for $24 and I LOVE them! They are by Polar Optics. They are GREAT quality and come in sizes. I need a true Small and it was impossible to find anywhere else. They are fashionable, look great and have a spring hinge construction so they are comfortable. Check them out!

I believe I got the same thing at Sam's Club, back near the pharmacy. I, too, needed a small frame. Not only do they come in small sizes, they are available in black and brown. I have since invested in a pair of prescription sunglasses, but will be using these for outdoor sports activities and gardening. They are comfortable and don't fall forward like the gigantic FitOvers sold here.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/25/2014 Favorite Son said:
On 2/25/2014 turtle52 said:

I believe I got the same thing at Sam's Club, back near the pharmacy. I, too, needed a small frame. Not only do they come in small sizes, they are available in black and brown. I have since invested in a pair of prescription sunglasses, but will be using these for outdoor sports activities and gardening. They are comfortable and don't fall forward like the gigantic FitOvers sold here.

I have Transitions but I use the Polar Optics in the car since Transitions don't darken through the glass.

Regular Contributor
On 2/25/2014 Sparkle Babe said:

The best ones I have found (and I have been through a lot over the years) are ones that I bought at QVC several years ago; however, I don't find this particular style there anymore. I looked at my sunglasses for you and found their website: ***.solitairesunwear.***. Click on the box that says "Solar Shield Sunglasses". Then, find the style "Solar Shield Panorama". They are polarized and wrap around somewhat so that they look a little more stylish & you have a wider range view. I don't know the exact color of mine but are sort of a burgundy color. The price is $24.95. Hope this helps!

Yes these are the best "Solar Shield Panorama". I got them probably five years ago at QVC. They came in a few colors and I got the wine, and brown. They were about $35.99. Those are the best ever and I still have them. QVC now has a Haven brand which I bought a midnight blue color. They are $29.99. The color is pretty but they fit a little more snug around the temples and I can't keep them on for long. The Solar Shield Panorama is the best in my opinion for my light green eyes which are sensitive to the sun and I also find my transition lenses, which were very expensive, get dark outside, but when driving in the car they don't stay dark enough. Hope this helps.

Trusted Contributor

You can still purchase Solar Shield sunglasses even if they are not sold on the Q. Here is a list of retailers that carry them:

United States
Walmart
Walgreens
Kmart
Meijer
Fred Meyer
Albertson's
Publix
Kroger
Pamida
Alco
Bi-Mart
Army & Air Force Exchange
Giant Food
Ralphs
Bartell
Discount Drug Mart
Gelson's Market
Hannaford Supermarket
Sweetbay Supermarket

Esteemed Contributor

I bought bigger frame very stylish sunglasses by Robert Verdi over at hsn (sold out now I believe). The arms aren't skinny skinny - and the sunglasses completely mask my prescription glasses. They do the trick without being the fitover brand!

Regular Contributor

I bought a pair of the SolitaireSunWear fit overs at my optometrist's office,good place to look for that brand.

Respected Contributor
My particular brand of glasses - Silhouettes - has an optional sunglasses clip. Check where you bought yours to see if they have one too.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )