Respected Contributor

Fiona Stiles is on now and am wondering what you think. 

Esteemed Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

Fiona Stiles is on now and am wondering what you think. 

Hi, @luvmybeetle. I watched the show and am glad to see Fiona here. I'm always happy to see a new vendor.

I didn't order anything, b/c I just bought the TSV Eve Pearl's kit, so I didn't order anything. I thought the eyebrow gel looked good. So many look like they're painted on, while hers didn't cover every bit of skin.

I noticed everything of hers sold out, so I think she will be successful. I'm sure I'll try something of hers as soon as needed. This will give me time to read all the reviews, too.  Smiley Happy

Contributor

I noticed the host kept mentioning that this line is also offered at Ulta.  I found that interesting...  Typically, QVC does not tell the viewer if a cosmetic line being presented is offered elsewhere.   I wondered if that "name dropping" so often for Ulta meant that was part of the deal for presenting this line.  Perhaps they had to get Ulta's permission to have to have it on QVC or were contractually obligated to mention "Ulta" so many times.   Just a thought...  This kind of makes me want to check out Ulta to see what they offer there in this line and what the reviews might be. I noticed the host mentioned that the brushes were only exclusive to QVC.   I was tempted to order but didn't (yet).

Esteemed Contributor

Their foundation gets really good reviews on Ulta. It has 174 reviews and gets a 4.3 out of 5. Pretty good. She isn't yet reviewed on Makeupalley.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I thought her cream shadow (Radiant Eye Veil) looked really interesting. I seem to like cream shadows a little bit more. It has good reviews so I am going to Ulta tomorrow and check this out in person. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the last 20 minutes of the show last night and was disappointed with the format.  The vendor and Sandra just stood there talking most of the time, and when they finally got around to doing a close up of a demo, the time was up or product was sold out.  

The eyeshadow demo was strange because they did a demo of one shade then Sandra encouraged the vendor to apply another shade on top of it because there wasn't enough time to get another model on camera.  I would've rather seen the other shades applied to a clean lid.

I'm not a fan of smearing products up and down the arms.  I'd rather see the shades applied as intended on models.  I didn't think the vendor's mascara was a good look on her, but it did look better on the model.

I liked the concept of the net protecting the brushes, but I don't carry my brushes in my purse.  I'd prefer a line that can be applied and set without having to reapply throughout the day.  The brushes seem great for travel, but not something I'd carry with me daily.

I didn't buy anything, but once again QVC was an informercial for a product that I will check out when I go to Ulta.  

Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 I've been using a lot more cream shadows & eye shadow sticks, too. I did look at FS at Ulta, but didn't buy any. They are that mousse/gel textue & I have never had good luck with that type. They are usually too sheer & patchy to apply & the product seems to dry out quickly. If you do get a chance to try them, let us know. Maybe you can change my mind!

Esteemed Contributor

Mapshopper wrote:

I noticed the host kept mentioning that this line is also offered at Ulta.  I found that interesting...  Typically, QVC does not tell the viewer if a cosmetic line being presented is offered elsewhere.   I wondered if that "name dropping" so often for Ulta meant that was part of the deal for presenting this line.  Perhaps they had to get Ulta's permission to have to have it on QVC or were contractually obligated to mention "Ulta" so many times.   Just a thought...  This kind of makes me want to check out Ulta to see what they offer there in this line and what the reviews might be. I noticed the host mentioned that the brushes were only exclusive to QVC.   I was tempted to order but didn't (yet).

QVC or any other retailer isn't freely promoting competitors unless the lawyers say they have to.  Having some knowledge of retail contracts, it must be in FIona's Ulta contract that QVC had to mention her brand is available at Ulta.  Otherwise, Sandra would have said giant beauty store chain, or some other euphemism for Ulta. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Fiona Stiles

[ Edited ]

@wildcat fan wrote:

I watched the last 20 minutes of the show last night and was disappointed with the format.  The vendor and Sandra just stood there talking most of the time, and when they finally got around to doing a close up of a demo, the time was up or product was sold out.  

The eyeshadow demo was strange because they did a demo of one shade then Sandra encouraged the vendor to apply another shade on top of it because there wasn't enough time to get another model on camera.  I would've rather seen the other shades applied to a clean lid.

I'm not a fan of smearing products up and down the arms.  I'd rather see the shades applied as intended on models.  I didn't think the vendor's mascara was a good look on her, but it did look better on the model.

I liked the concept of the net protecting the brushes, but I don't carry my brushes in my purse.  I'd prefer a line that can be applied and set without having to reapply throughout the day.  The brushes seem great for travel, but not something I'd carry with me daily.

I didn't buy anything, but once again QVC was an informercial for a product that I will check out when I go to Ulta.  

If your interested in the net that she showed for protecting the brushes you can get them on Amazon. They are great to put on your brushes after cleaning and drying your brushes. I put them on when storing my brushes that way they keep their shape. They come in a package of 50.
Regular Contributor

Ulta usually has a weekly offer of $3.50 or 20% off coupon.