@deb5555 wrote:

Malibu~i get it from ebay. Image result for malibu shampoo and conditioner

I believe beauty brands sells that brand

Super Contributor

Re: Favorite shampoo/conditioner for color treated hair

@kcladyz wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

Redken shampoo in the red bottle.

I have tried that and its fantastic. It was also tested by good housekeeping ( or consumer reports i can not remember)  and it was voted as best color protection shampoo for brown tones.It  smells like cranberry but not strong.  I have not colored my hair in ages but I am still thinking of buying this again for it makes your hair look full  and strong

Oh that's interesting.  That's what I was using before I switched to Wen.  I am brunette and color my hair to cover some gray.  The Redkin was good, but not so good I didn't keep looking for something better (still got some brassiness at about the 3 week mark).  Now I'm brass-free, but would go back to Redken if I couldn't get Wen anymore (perish the thought!). Since OP says she doesn't care for Wen, this might be something good for her to try.

Esteemed Contributor

@kcladyz wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

I have tried that and its fantastic. It was also tested by good housekeeping ( or consumer reports i can not remember)  and it was voted as best color protection shampoo for brown tones.It  smells like cranberry but not strong.  I have not colored my hair in ages but I am still thinking of buying this again for it makes your hair look full  and strong

@kcladyz Thank you so much for the information on that shampoo.  I had no idea that it was tested by good houskeeping and was voted best color protection.  I learned something today.  I've been usng Redken products for years.  I love them.  I just tried their new texturizing volume shampoo in the tourquoise colored bottle and that's also a very good one.  Adds texture and it did leave my hair nice and full.  They have another new product that I bought but haven't tried yet.  It's a small spray bottle that you're able to scrunch and dry and it's supposed to put nice waves in your hair.  Will probably try that one over next weekend if I don't have plans to go out.  If it messes my hair up I wouldn't care I'll be inside the house hahahahahahaha.  Thanks so much for posting the information.  I've used that shampoo for years.  Love it.  Body full in the green bottle is also a very good one.  

Respected Contributor

@Sunshine Kate I purchase it from my salon.  My stylist uses Goldwell hair color and she started selling the shampoos and conditioner a couple of years ago.  Check online and you probably can find it there.  It is a little expensive but it works great.  Another product I forgot to mention that I also use from time to time is Redken shampoo and conditioners for color treated hair.  They are great as well.

Super Contributor

Ovation hair system for color treated hair

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@kcladyz wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@kcladyz Thank you so much for the information on that shampoo.  I had no idea that it was tested by good houskeeping and was voted best color protection.  I learned something today.  I've been usng Redken products for years.  I love them.  I just tried their new texturizing volume shampoo in the tourquoise colored bottle and that's also a very good one.  Adds texture and it did leave my hair nice and full.  They have another new product that I bought but haven't tried yet.  It's a small spray bottle that you're able to scrunch and dry and it's supposed to put nice waves in your hair.  Will probably try that one over next weekend if I don't have plans to go out.  If it messes my hair up I wouldn't care I'll be inside the house hahahahahahaha.  Thanks so much for posting the information.  I've used that shampoo for years.  Love it.  Body full in the green bottle is also a very good one.  

I think this is the link and it mentions color extend  by redken. If this is not it or I miss-quoted the information I apologize

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/beauty/hair/tips/a16230/secrets-to-longer-lasting-haircolor-1007/

Super Contributor

Thank you @Suebdoo 😀

I will check it out 

Respected Contributor

I rotate between several brands, but the best tip for color treated hair is to stop washing so much. I washed my hair every single day for a zillion years. Never felt clean without doing it. Finally when I got neck problems so bad I had to give it up. It makes such a difference in the condition of your hair. Takes some getting used to, I'll admit. But I wash mine about every 3 days now. Less heat damage too. 

Respected Contributor

My second day hair is gross and looks awful. I have to wash it every day (but I do tend to skip a day over the weekend.)