Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I've been using Cetaphil for many years and I'm 75 yrs old - it's rated one of the best by Consumers. Go to Costco.com - on the first page, they show Cetaphil (pump, which I prefer) - Two 20 oz. sizes plus one 4 oz. size -- for $14.99 ($4.50 off their regular price) - and free delivery. Can't beat that!!!! I just ordered it - as I'm low on the one I'm using. Aveeno moisturizer is also highly recommended.

Endorssed by leading dermatologists. It must be good, and I used it to cleanse. 

Respected Contributor

Cetaphil and Cerave don't work for me although I know  lot love them.

For me over the years I found oil of olay is the only thing that works for my dry mature skin which is sometimes a bit sensitive.

I have tried so many different brands, all prices and always go back to this.

Night time is oil of olay Regenerist Microsculpture night cream in the red jar, really really great and for day time all I usually use is the oil of olay regenerist moisturizing serum but you can always use the oil of olay total effects 7. The regenerist serum is enough for me though since my foundation is also moisturizing.

oil of olay was all my mom and gram used all their lives and both had fantastic skin but back then it was just one, a pink glass bottle.

Esteemed Contributor

I like Cereve as they leave out fragrance and color and there's no methylisothiazolinone preservative in it either.

Trusted Contributor

I have literally tried every line mentioned in this post.  LOL   CeraVe and Cetaphil were the worst for me and didn't provide any moisture.  For my 63 year old dry skin, I have found my holy grail moisturizer.........M Asam Vino Gold Day and Night  Cream (sold at HSN).  Love that this products works so well for me and that there are no separate day and night creams.  One jar; one cream!

Valued Contributor
Have you tried any of the SKINN moisturizers? The upcoming TTV might be a good place to start. I also agree about the oils - SKINN Lipid Infusion is awesome. HTH!
Valued Contributor

I really like cetaphil also , But another that I like is jasons organic vitamin e cream 25,000 units at night and then the jasons vitamin e 5000 units [lighter cream ] for day time

cathy from ma, .

Honored Contributor

I highly recommend looking at the offerings from Paula's Choice. They make several moisturizers for different needs. And none of them are smelly or greasy. All PC products are fragrance-, irritant-, and cruelty- free.

They are relatively moderately priced, and their customer service is head and shoulders above the rest.

I use their Skin Recovery moisturizer at night and sometimes their Resist Skin Hydrator in the day.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I use Olay Total Effects 7 in 1 Moisturizer. It's a lovely consistency, fragrance-free, and has really improved my skin. It even faded my sundamage on my forehead, but I did have to use it close to a year before I noticed a significant fading. 

Esteemed Contributor

Meowingkitty, you may find that any of the coisturizers which you have tried would have been effective if you had included a drop of oil in your moisturizing regimen.  There are so many oils on the market today and just about every skincare brand has contributed something to the oil bandwagon.  I personally like Josie Maran's Argan Oil but there are fine brands such as Shea Terra who make other types of oil which may be ideal for you  Some of the others cost less than Josie's too.  

If you prefer to keep trying creams my sugestions are:

$$$ Josie Maran's Argan Milk; Ole Henriksen's Nurture Me or Truth Cream Advanced; 

$$ Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel CreamExtra; Olay Regenerist Deep Hydration Cream or Night Recvery Cream 

$ Cetaphil Cream

Trusted Contributor

I have found hit and misses with many brands at all price points.  Can't say I have found my complete holy grail yet but can recommend Oil of Olay's Regenerist's line which does work for my uber dry skin (compromised by also living in the desert.)  It's very well priced and available just about everywhere.

I am tempted to try Paula's Choice for the driest of skin as I do read many positives about it.  Am going to try and use up some of my stash first but may give that a try next.  I like to have multiple creams in my rotation and PC might fit in well.

In my opinion, Marula oil has the most to offer of the oils as it contains a considerably higher percentage of antioxidants than Argon oil or other well known oils and I like to get the greatest benefit from whatever I choose.  When you read up on Marula, it has an impressive ingredient potency.

Adding a drop of two of an oil to any moisturizer does make a difference.  Just remember that oil can penetrate through a moisturizer but moisturizer can not penetrate through oils - keep that in mind if applying both in your routine.  Hence why I prefer just adding a drop or two to whatever moisturizer I do use - avoids any conflict of when to apply what.

Dermatologists created both Cerave and Cetaphil hence why so many derms will recommend them.  They hear about them in med school so often rely on those brands to recommend.  Many derms know very little about other brands or types of moisturizers particularly if they are not focusing in on anti-aging as a sub speciality in their practice.