Valued Contributor

Re: Favorite Powder Foundation.....Help!!!

I have used Clinique Superpowder Double Face makeup on and off for years. I always go back to it. You may want to use concealer on your trouble spots, as I don't know if certain powders alone will cover problem areas.

Trusted Contributor

Hi. I actually like Tarte's. Take a look at A330287. Sorry I don't know how to paste the link. But it gives nice coverage, doesn't look powdery, and is a thoughtful design. Hope this helps.
Trusted Contributor

My favorites are for loose, Laura Mercier mineral powder and for pressed, Dior Skin powder foundation.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

I love Too Faced Cocoa Powder Foundation. I use it with a Too Faced Kabuki brush I had from another product. HSN sells a foundation and kabuki brush for $39.00, free s/h.

A powder foundation isn't my go to foundation but I like it when I'm pressed for time.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, all! I forgot to include Tarte and Estee Lauder in my list of stuff I've already tried. Maybe my perfect foundation doesn't exist....

Frequent Contributor

Laura Mercier Mineral Pressed Powder is a beautifully textured, gorgeous powder.
Valued Contributor

Smashbox Halo. QVC used to carry it...don't know anymore as I never see Smashbox presentations. They seem to be limiting their cosmetics lines to just a few and we see them over and over again!

Frequent Contributor

I went to Sephora a few weeks ago specifically to get a powder foundation. I had two in mind that I researched (Dior & Benefit).. the salesperson steered me to the Too Faced Cocoa Powder and I was in LOVE with it. Google the reviews.. HSN has the best deal I think because it comes with a brush - and the Two Faced brushes are fantastic. Good luck

Honored Contributor

On 12/3/2014 HB glamma said:

Smashbox Halo. QVC used to carry it...don't know anymore as I never see Smashbox presentations. They seem to be limiting their cosmetics lines to just a few and we see them over and over again!

Smashbox is now on HSN! Unfortunately QVC has become the Josie Maran and It Cosmetics channel, since that's all we ever see. I don't bother to watch Beauty shows any longer on QVC because they have become too repetitive and it's the same stuff over and over and over!!!!!!!!HSN offers much better variety and pricing!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I have tried many, many powder foundations and my absolute, hands-down favorite for the last eight years is "Power Powder" by Toni Brattin. She used to sell it on HSN, but now (as far as I know) it is only available on her website. It goes on easily, looks natural, and covers my redness and some blemishes very well. It can be applied with a sponge applicator (provided) or with a regular soft compact puff (three are provided). It can also be applied wet or dry (I prefer dry). You can order online or call; when you call, the Customer Service Representatives are very helpful and pleasant. You said you wanted a wide range of colors, which this doesn't really have - (I always get the lightest one) - but I'm sure if you called they would have some suggestions. Good luck!