Respected Contributor

For those of you who do your own manicures, what nail polish do you use?  I have always done my own nails and usually use OPI polishes.  However, lately I don't like the way they are going on.  Even with a new bottle it goes on streaky and it seems thick. 

I have used Essie, which I like.  What polish do you use and like?

Contributor

I use Vinylux weekly wear.  I usually buy it off ebay.  The colors are great.  It wears very well.  I use base and top coat from Bed Bath and Beyond. I think its in the "as seen on tv" section.

Respected Contributor

I have good luck with Essie.

Luv your avatar.  Smiley Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Trusted Contributor

@Winkk.  I use the wild and wild and sinful.  Both are cheap. I cannot justify the cost of all the "fancy" polishes.  If you use the base coat, polish, top coat with the fancies,you can do same with cheap brands

Honored Contributor

Vynlux is supposed to be on without a base coat and you need to use their top coat to have the ultimate effect.

@nmarie wrote:

I use Vinylux weekly wear.  I usually buy it off ebay.  The colors are great.  It wears very well.  I use base and top coat from Bed Bath and Beyond. I think its in the "as seen on tv" section.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@tedEbear wrote:

@Winkk.  I use the wild and wild and sinful.  Both are cheap. I cannot justify the cost of all the "fancy" polishes.  If you use the base coat, polish, top coat with the fancies,you can do same with cheap brands

@tedEbear - That's true.  I do use a base coat and top coat.  I should try using cheaper products.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Vynlux is supposed to be on without a base coat and you need to use their top coat to have the ultimate effect.

@nmarie wrote:

@nmarie - @I am still oxox - Is Vinylux like a gel based polish?  I have never tried a gel polish for some reason I have stayed away from them. 

Honored Contributor

It is a gel based polish that does not require lights to cure it 

@Winkk wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@nmarie wrote:

@nmarie - @I am still oxox - Is Vinylux like a gel based polish?  I have never tried a gel polish for some reason I have stayed away from them. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

this summer have been using Sinful Gel but the color range is limited, wish they would do more

the gel topcoat is really good

Honored Contributor

have heard good things about the WnW gel polishes too, but it's almost $5 for WnW thats high