Respected Contributor

Favorite FULL COVERAGE liquid foundation

I'm looking to change things up a bit. I'm always using powder foundation but would like to use liquid. I do not like IT CC cream. Please share your favorite liquid foundations. Preferably not drugstore brands. Thanks!
Frequent Contributor

Re: Favorite FULL COVERAGE liquid foundation

My holy grail foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear.  I like the IT CC cream, but a huge problem is the rub-off...I just couldn't deal with this foundation coming off my face onto my hands, clothes, etc.  And I refuse to use a finishing powder...too old for that.  Estee Lauder Double Wear literally does not budge off my face.  I think the coverage is great too.

Valued Contributor

Have you tried the IT celebration foundation if you like that line?  It's not as dry as regular powder foundation and you can apply as light or heavy as you want, although I think as we age less is more usually.  The coverage is good.

Respected Contributor

I have. It was down right awful on me. I don't do well with It Cosmetics in general.
Respected Contributor

@fromthebronx wrote:

My holy grail foundation is Estee Lauder Double Wear.  I like the IT CC cream, but a huge problem is the rub-off...I just couldn't deal with this foundation coming off my face onto my hands, clothes, etc.  And I refuse to use a finishing powder...too old for that.  Estee Lauder Double Wear literally does not budge off my face.  I think the coverage is great too.

I have a grave yard of foundations. The other day I was decluttering and found some EL Double wear and you are right it is good. It is not dewey but rather flat. I think they make one for dry skin now. 

Respected Contributor

Another vote for Ester Lauder Double Wear. This covers like magic handbags on for dear life! My one  complaint about this great foundation is the color selection....I need a very yellow foundation and so far this is not available. I have a decent match but not perfect.   

A cheaper alternative is Revlon Color Stay Whipped foundation. It does almost as good a job but the shades are limited and I don't prefer the jar it comes in.I use a toothpick to get some out onto the back of my hand and then use  a brush to apply. 

Both of these are really good!  I use a fan brush for lighter coverage and an IT brush for heavier. It requires a less is more and blend the heck out of it application. The coverage is natural but full.

Trusted Contributor

Kat Von D makes a good, opaque liquid foundation. I am currently loving Lancome's Teint Idole.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

EL Double Wear does look nice on, but it broke me out. I use Revlon CS Whipped or Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage. Tarte is so full coverage that you have to start with less than you think you should use or it can look like a mask, but it is a wonderful foundation. I love them both if you can find your color match.

Respected Contributor

I do have the Teint Idole but it's not great during the winter months.
Honored Contributor

@Rachb

My all time favorite, dependable foundation was discontinued.

The one I can wear with ease now is 100% Pure liquid foundation.  I can also wear the illuminizing primer (it does not contain silicones).  It is a perfect match for my skin, which is pinky-porcelain. The southern shopping channel:

the set: 100% PURE Fruit Pigmented Luminous Primer & Healthy Skin Foundation - 311-286

You probably would need "Light" because "Fair" is a perfect match for me.  You can order this foundation in their newer colors directly from their website.  They are such a great company, that I am pretty sure they will take the foundation back if it doesn't work for you. (they did this for me over another product and refunded my $ letting me keep the product.

I like their 100% Fruit Serum, also.

The other product that I have used for years now is faerieorganic minerals with nothing bad in them.  Theirs is also a perfect match for my skin and leaves me with a dewy finish.

I have many, many skin issues... and these two are what works for me.  HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~