Super Contributor

Favorite Cuticle Remover/Softener

I loved and used Butter London Cuticle Eliminator for a couple of years. And then, ofcourse, it was discontinued and replaced with Cuticle Exfoliator which does not compare, nor does it do the same job of really softening and loosening the cuticle for easy removal. I have tried Blue Cross but don't care for it, nor do I like CND's cuticle product. Help me find a decent replacement that will help loosen and remove my thick cuticles. I don't mind paying whatever price it may be for a great product. What do you use? Why do you like it?
Honored Contributor

Re: Favorite Cuticle Remover/Softener

I just had an appt for a yearly check up with my derm. The one thing he honed in on were my cuticles. He told me to let them be. Mine we apparently "too manicured". So I'm not going to worry about using cuticle removers or softeners anymore...doctors orders.

"Pure Michigan"
Super Contributor

@ID2 I can't let mine be. They need a good clean-up once a week.
Trusted Contributor

@ID2 Good for your dermatologtist. Apparently there are quite a few nail techs that don't understand the difference between the cuticle and the eponychium. The eponychium is living tissue and should never be cut (other than by a medical professional). It's considered a medical procedure and thus not something nail techs are allowed to do.

Trusted Contributor

I love the CND product so have never had a need to shop around - no other recommendations here other than CND.

Frequent Contributor

@StillRachB wrote:
I loved and used Butter London Cuticle Eliminator for a couple of years. And then, ofcourse, it was discontinued and replaced with Cuticle Exfoliator which does not compare, nor does it do the same job of really softening and loosening the cuticle for easy removal. I have tried Blue Cross but don't care for it, nor do I like CND's cuticle product. Help me find a decent replacement that will help loosen and remove my thick cuticles. I don't mind paying whatever price it may be for a great product. What do you use? Why do you like it?

@StillRachB I use Dr. MarVey bye-bye cuticles once a week. I get it at Wal-mart. You just brush it on, rub it in and rinse off. If I'm not putting on polish, I dry my hands and rub in a little coconut oil. My cuticles have never looked better.

Trusted Contributor

@StillRachB I'm not much help since I use Blue Cross maybe once every month or two. Not in love with it, but it works and I have a lifetime supply. Most of the time just gently pushing back my oil soaked cuticle every week or so works.

Super Contributor

I LOVE Deborah Lippman cuticle remover. I don't have to use cuticle scissors anymore.

Respected Contributor

Argon oil

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

If I need it, I use Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover. But, I moisturize and oil my cuticles so regularly that I usually don't have issues.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield