Regular Contributor

False Eyelashes for Mature Women

I am a 63 year old who has just started to wear false eyelashes - not everyday just for special occasions. I have tried the lash growth serums and have had some success but now my lashes are "kinking" up even with cutting back on the lash serum use. Can anyone here recommend the false yet natural looking eyelash brands you like best? Many thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: False Eyelashes for Mature Women

For special occasions Sephora sells a line Velour lashes; at least 10 different types and looks. They are made out of silk and look lovely on (I wore them for NYE). They are also expensive-$26.00 a pair.

Drugstores carry lashes as well. Why not try on a few to see if you like it before making a big investment?

Regular Contributor

Ive worn lashes for so many years everyday and tried many brands from cheap to the expensive....I think its the style or length of the lash which is  important for our age Im 76. I buy mine called Salon Perfect Be Natural ,Kiss True Volume .Once you find a style that looks natural on you stick with it reguardless who makes it....Most ask me about mine if they are real or false as most can not tell. So that tells me I have the  right ones.  Enjoy and wear often .I gave up on mascara years ago and my eyes say Thank You!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I like the KISS brand lashes and I also have some from House of Lashes which my favorite lash glue comes from also. The best lash glue IMO.  I don't wear anything big as I want to keep it as natural looking as possible. I also use the single lashes at times.

Respected Contributor

Eyelure naturalites (Ulta) or the Kiss ever EZ Trio lashes. Super easy to apply. Easier than a full strip and they look like MLBB (my lashes but better) HTH!!

Contributor

Andrea and Ardell are the ones I use. No. 53 is a good one, and I also use Lash Accents in #318 - try Madame Madeline.com for really good prices and discounts

Occasional Contributor

Skinn cosmetics from Evine live channel they are called Not So Fake Lashes, I buy them on ebay 2pack lashes with black glue.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just recently started wearing false lashes on special occasions also.  It makes a huge difference.  I bought some from the dollar store (as I didn't want to invest a lot of money on them at first) they worked great and stayed on all night through a party.  I was impressed since it was the first time applying them myself.  I just bought some Ardel 110 Deluxe Pack at Ulta with glue and tweezers, they look very natural and pretty.  I did some research on how to take care of them and they said take the glue off with oil free makeup remover and a Qtip.  I'm still new at applying them and found some helpful videos on Youtube.

Contributor

If you have hooded eyes, the lashes go above the hooded part and make your eyes look bigger.  Also putting deeper shadow in to define the crease - put it slightly above where the crease would be to open up the eye.  Well groomed brows help too.  But lashes make a fantasitc difference.  I have been wearing them daily since the 70;s.

Honored Contributor

As long as we're on the subject I too have some questions:

I just received the Q lash kit. It was an awesome deal that came with 3 mascaras, IT, Tarte, and Malley, an eyelash curler, false eyelashes, and a lash serum! All for about 25 and that's with the s & h!

I've never ever tried falsies. Should I put the glue on my lid or directly on the lash?

What works to remove them without out damage to your eyes?