Trusted Contributor

Re: Fall seasonal shower gels and lotions

On 9/16/2014 just bee said:
On 9/11/2014 Daysdee said:

I got out my Candy Corn and Krispy Marshmallow Bars and will be using them. Local Marshall's had some Philosophy gels this week. Scents I had never heard of. (and I am a fan that knows about most of their shower gels)

I still have plenty of candy corn, caramel candy corn, and crispy marshmallow bars left to use. I've cracked open one of my CMB bottles and will enjoy every bit of it. After using my final bottle of fresh cream, it was interesting to sniff the difference.

CMB has a wonderfully buttery note. A much richer scent. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

I still have never smelled Crispy Marshmallow Bars, even after all the raves on this board. I have got to try some of that stuff!

Occasional Contributor

I was also looking forward to the Philosophy fall shower gels especially the pumpkin since I am almost out of mine! Guess I'll have to go to Bath and Body Works to get some!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm currently using a duo by a company called Mill Creek Botanicals.  It is their Spiced Apple lotion and body wash.  I got the duo at Lucky Vitamin for about $10, and I really like the scent.  I also purchased a Candy Cane duo (same company, same website, same price) for the winter months.  I hope I will like it just as much.

I just checked Lucky Vitamin...they still have the sets....and each set is only $8.19!!

(Both bottles are 16 oz.)

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Esteemed Contributor

Just me, but I've never understood why some ladies want to smell like food - especially pumpkin and licorice.  Ick.   We're all different - and thank goodness for that!   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I am still loving Soap and Glory products that smell like pistachios, vanilla and almond. Have the shower gel and the body lotion and the souffle. Got it a Ulta.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two recs: Olay has a Limited Edition Winter Scent in Cinnamon Stick. Very nice and very moisturizing. I also suggest Trader Joe's Pumpkin Body Butter. There is a cult following for their sesonal body butters and this one is lovely. I have found that the Bath and Body Works fall scents are not moisturizing enough for me and many of them are too strong and too juvenile smelling.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Speaking of scented bath products, I saw a commercial on TV last night with ladies comparing the fragrances of BBW bath gels to the new Suave scented bath gels.   Probably just pure hype, but Suave's new fragrances won.  So I'm going to smell them next time I'm at the store.  I'm curious.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

I, too, miss the 3 in 1 scents that Philosophy would bring out for the Fall and Halloween. Remember they had some of the cutest packaging and gift sets? Many years ago, my very first purchase ever from Philosophy was Pumpkin Pie. The ORIGINAL version. OMG, I still miss that one! I had ordered it online from Nordstrom blindly-- not knowing anything about the company or the product itself but just that I loved the smell of pumpkin and, of course, eating pumpkin pie. Philosophy wasn't even on the Q then. Right now in my shower, I have Cinnamon Buns. I consider that my favorite Fall scent and I get it every year at this time. I love it! That and Gingerbread Man.