Honored Contributor

Re: Fall Beekman bounty box AD & Shampoo/conditioner Questions

I got my Beekman ylang ylang TTV and I absolutely LOVE it. I already love the scent- my favorite- but I even love the lip balm in this one and I am usually not that into their lip balms. I love the packaging- one of my favorites and looks great in my bathroom.  I need more kits of this!

Super Contributor

I just checked and it's still available for anyone who wants to order more or regrets not ordering. It's only $2.50 more

I love this scent and can't wait to use the shampoo and conditioner

Original registration date 7/3!/07 post count was 223 until 6/15/15
Trusted Contributor

I have made exactly one purchase from Evine and my impression is that they have no idea what they are doing. My first order had an EDD of 11 days  and did not ship until  day 10 (Sunday). When I emailed  (on day 11) and asked when I could expect delivery I was offered a refund of shipping. That seemed reasonable. I was issued a refund of $1.76. When is shipping $1.76?  So I emailed again, there was no response. There was confusion about easy pays so I expected to see a refund of $1.76 each month. When more than 30 days went by, I emailed again. Their response was that I used a new customer discount so that was offset by the $1.76. What? Why would I assume shipping minus coupon equals refund.  I eventually received a credit for the remaining shipping but it shouldn't take 3 emails for one question 

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I got my Beekman ylang ylang TTV and I absolutely LOVE it. I already love the scent- my favorite- but I even love the lip balm in this one and I am usually not that into their lip balms. I love the packaging- one of my favorites and looks great in my bathroom.  I need more kits of this!

@HappyDaze - I still haven't smelled the ylang ylang but did ordered the kit the other night.  Only a couple $$ more than the TTV - why not - I got through Dimitri's visit unscathed.

OT - did you happen to get the email from BB re new items - I think it had something about a trip to India.  Anyway, they have a bounty box that you can get every few months - it has "surprise" new products so you never know what you're gonna get.  I think it was $50.  Sounded interesting, but I have so much stuff.  I opened the honey oats bar this morning and LOVE it.  It is so clean smelling.  No fragrance to speak of. 

Trusted Contributor

Tried the shampoo and conditioner...love it!!  My hair feels soft and full. Hope they make larger bottles!  I find the ylang ylang to be a nice soft scent.  So happy I ordered. 

Honored Contributor

@Cindipup wrote:

I was so pleasantly surprised.  Ylang, Ylang is my new favorite.  I love it!

I ordered the ylang ylang body wash.  Had no idea what it would smell like.  I do like it.  Its definitely a clean scent with a bit of floral?  Not sure but it is nice.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I am considering ordering another set just to get the shampoo/cond!  I noticed today it is at the exact same price as the TTV price so a good time to go for it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@equss wrote:

I am considering ordering another set just to get the shampoo/cond!  I noticed today it is at the exact same price as the TTV price so a good time to go for it.

Those are the two items in the kit I don't like- LOVE the scent but the shampoo/conditioner make my hair kind of dull and dry. It isn't horrible but not something I want to continue using. I wish it worked for me.

Love their shampoo bar though- the orange blossom one.'

ETA: remember to use the 15% off $100 coupon!

Trusted Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@equss wrote:

Those are the two items in the kit I don't like- LOVE the scent but the shampoo/conditioner make my hair kind of dull and dry. It isn't horrible but not something I want to continue using. I wish it worked for me.

Love their shampoo bar though- the orange blossom one.

I didn't like it until I started leaving the conditioner in for a full 3-4 minutes.  It says 3 min on the instrutions, but I cheated the first time I used it...several minutes made a HUGE difference for me.  Sorry it isn't working for you...I haven't tried the shampoo bars yet because I thought they might be drying.  Maybe next visit I'll give it a try.

I gave up  Wen recently so I've been trying so many shampoos and grateful to find one that has put life back in my hair...I miss WEN and may go back but felt I needed a break due to very hard water.

Honored Contributor

@equss wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@equss wrote:

Love their shampoo bar though- the orange blossom one.

I didn't like it until I started leaving the conditioner in for a full 3-4 minutes.  It says 3 min on the instrutions, but I cheated the first time I used it...several minutes made a HUGE difference for me.  Sorry it isn't working for you...I haven't tried the shampoo bars yet because I thought they might be drying.  Maybe next visit I'll give it a try.

I gave up  Wen recently so I've been trying so many shampoos and grateful to find one that has put life back in my hair...I miss WEN and may go back but felt I needed a break due to very hard water.

@equss have you tried Tweak-d from HSN? It is made by the guy who created Ojon. I would HIGHLY recommend the products- Restore in the tub is the best but I also love the Ultra nourishing in the can. Many others love the tribal chocolate, above the clouds and the Peaches and cream but when I tried peaches and cream, I didn't find it did as well as teh Restore and foam do for me. They have some amazing deals sometimes so if you want to try it, make sure to wait until they have an HSN coupon or the sales. I just got two tubs of restore for $8 each and that stuff lasts FOREVER because you only use a tiny amount.

I will try the shampoo and conditioner again and leave the conditioner on longer. I usually wash my hair first thing and then leave the conditioner in the remainder of my shower which is usually more than 5 minutes but I will try it again and make sure I did that

I'd recommend the orange blossom bar soap if you are worried about them being drying but want to try them. My hair is normal to dry and my hair LOVES moisture and I didn't  have any issues with drying  at all with that particular bar. I know some say the other two are more drying but I can't speak to them since I haven't tried them.