Esteemed Contributor

Re: Facial exfoliant/scrub...

@ALRATIBA i used St Ives Apricot many years ago but stopped after having to pay a plumber a couple hundred bucks to scold me for putting ground apricot pits down the drain.

Also, there was a lawsuit in 2016 (?) disputing the long standing St Ives claim it was recommended by dermatologists, since it's actually so harsh on skin. 

For those who make scrubs from bran powder, this also binds with hair, fibers, and fats to eventually clog your drains, even if you flush the drains with plenty of hot water. This is why I only use scrubs made from salts and sugars which disolve completely.

Respected Contributor

Hi marmabrooklyn...I just purchased Andulau 1000 roses toner, and Chia and omega skin Polish. I'll post back with results. I already had Andulau pumpkin mask, and liked it...so Today I see these and bought them at tjmaxx. Off topic...your name says Brooklyn...I'm originally from Canarsie...are you still in Brooklyn??
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

HI @Dazlin 

Yes I am still in Brooklyn on the border of Bensonhurst and Borough Park . I have the pumkin mask too hope you like the products !

Honored Contributor

@x Hedge wrote:

@ALRATIBA i used St Ives Apricot many years ago but stopped after having to pay a plumber a couple hundred bucks to scold me for putting ground apricot pits down the drain.

Also, there was a lawsuit in 2016 (?) disputing the long standing St Ives claim it was recommended by dermatologists, since it's actually so harsh on skin. 

For those who make scrubs from bran powder, this also binds with hair, fibers, and fats to eventually clog your drains, even if you flush the drains with plenty of hot water. This is why I only use scrubs made from salts and sugars which disolve completely.

@x Hedge

One of the big advantages of my bath gloves and a bar of soap ... no residue!

Respected Contributor

I'm dying to try elf's Gentle Peeling Exfoliant if they ever get it back in stock again.

$10 for 3.4 fl.oz./100mL

Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Quaternium-60, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Leaf Extract, Citrus Reticulata (Tangerine) Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance (Parfum)

I'm testing a sugar-based scrub I got from one of my favorite skincare lines and will report back if it's a keeper.

Good to know about the problems with some scrubs clogging the plumbing. Never would have thought it could be a problem.

Valued Contributor

I like freemans apple cider vinegar and mask scrub. It works great , My skin looks really good because of it ,

cathy from ma

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Buf-Puf with Juice Organics Brightening Cleanser.....and rinse off with microfiber wash cloth.

Unfortunately, the cleanser has been discontinued.....the story of my life (!)

this is nice tooJuice Beauty Green Apple Brightening Gel Cleanser, 4 fl. oz.