Respected Contributor

Re: Facial exfoliant/scrub...

My favorite exfoliant is one I make myself. Rice bran powder mixed with rose water to form a paste. This makes a very mild scrub that I can use everyday.  Regular scrubs are just too harsh for me.

This keeps my skin smooth and glowing.

Honored Contributor

@Montana wrote:

My favorite exfoliant is one I make myself. Rice bran powder mixed with rose water to form a paste. This makes a very mild scrub that I can use everyday.  Regular scrubs are just too harsh for me.

This keeps my skin smooth and glowing.

Where do you buy your rice bran powder @ Montana? I would be interested in making this, too. Thanks!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@ANewHue I saw that brand on Shark Tank. Mark Cuban made a deal with her. His son/daughter not sure which has eczema or psoriasis.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee, I get my rice powder from

bigelowchemists.com

Name: Chidoriya - Komenuka/Rice Bran Wash

Ingredient: 100% Pure Japanese White Rice Bran

Price: $26.00.  4.23oz

I only use a rounded 1/4 tsp so it lasts a long time.  Don't know if this is really necessary but I keep it in the fridge.

Honored Contributor

That's a pretty cool website @ Montana. Thank you very much for sharing.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

The Japanese rice bran powder is interesting, I've also used just plain old white rice flour as an exfoliant.  Still prefer the Derma E scrub better.

You can probably find Bob's Red Mill stabilized rice bran in your local health food store for $5 as an alternative to the high priced Japanese version.

Honored Contributor

Not so much a scrub as it is a polish is plain and simple bentonite clay powder and water to make a paste. I've never used anything else that has made my skin so incredibly smooth like glass. My skin glows after using it. Very affordable, too.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin I make my own also with Y.S Eco Bee Farms "Raw Manuka Honey" & Organic Brown Sugar. I mix it fresh because the sugar will be not be effective for more than a day. I just mix it with a tsp. honey...tsp brown sugar, spray my face well with Rose Petal Water & gently massage on my face, neck and chest. It works really well & is not tharsh at all,and plus the honey draws out moisture. I have used many scrubs but found that my own works the best for my skin type.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Phil. Micro Delivery, mix a little in with my cleanser. Skinn Derma Peel is OK, but the menthol and peppermint is way too strong.

Honored Contributor

I used St. Ives Apricot Scrub years ... until one day there was none on the shelf at Walgreens.  

So - I decided to use use my bath gloves and a bar of soap (that I used on the rest of my body) ... on my face.  I was using Kiss My Face Olive Oil Soap.

The results were so good - that's all I've used for the past few years.  Couldn't be happier with the results.