Super Contributor

Re: FYI - Amazon Prime Renewal Increase

Baloney. Please cite a reliable source. And who is investigating them, most likely it is other retailers trying to undermine Amazon's huge client base, like they did when they got our tax free purchases take away. Those were your local retailers backed by politicians, gouging us for more taxes. BTW the prices Amazon charges to Prime members are no different than to non prime members.
On 3/18/2014 upsidedown said:

Amazon is under investigation for charging shipping costs to Prime members by jacking up their prices on orders to cover the cost of shipping; I would not be in a hurry to give them more money yet; sounds like there is a chance they could pull the plug on Prime.

Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Nikalette said: Baloney. Please cite a reliable source. And who is investigating them, most likely it is other retailers trying to undermine Amazon's huge client base, like they did when they got our tax free purchases take away. Those were your local retailers backed by politicians, gouging us for more taxes. BTW the prices Amazon charges to Prime members are no different than to non prime members.

Amazon is under investigation for charging shipping costs to Prime members by jacking up their prices on orders to cover the cost of shipping; I would not be in a hurry to give them more money yet; sounds like there is a chance they could pull the plug on Prime.

Maybe you should watch the news or read the paper yes they are being investigating for over charging prime members.
Valued Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Loves2save said:
On 3/23/2014 Nikalette said:Baloney. Please cite a reliable source. And who is investigating them, most likely it is other retailers trying to undermine Amazon's huge client base, like they did when they got our tax free purchases take away. Those were your local retailers backed by politicians, gouging us for more taxes. BTW the prices Amazon charges to Prime members are no different than to non prime members.

Maybe you should watch the news or read the paper yes they are being investigating for over charging prime members.

Maybe people need to break the habit of listening to sound bites and investigate for themselves the whole story. The only entity "investigating" Amazon was KPIX-TV out of San Francisco. And they found that some prime prices were higher than third party prices. However, they ALSO pointed out that Amazon DOES indicated that lower, non-prime prices may be available every time a prime-eligible item is clicked on and that the price is often insignificant.

I, for one, am an educated consumer who comparison shops no matter where I do it. I will sometimes choose a non-prime-eligible item, however that is rare. The shipping charges of non-prime items usually surpass any savings I get on their price.

I agree that politicians and those that control them are desperately trying to undermine companies like Amazon. I always find it funny that the same people who tout the idea that it's a "free market" and that no person/entity should be punished for becoming "successful" are also the same ones who rail against it when they didn't have the original thought and speed to become a part of something like Amazon when it first started. They are now losing out on Amazon's success and are having a tantrum.

Valued Contributor

For pommom.
Super Contributor

My membership is due to renew April 28. You can go to your account and they well send you a 3 day reminder. I'm canceling and then will renew the first of May, after I get paid. LOL! I always run out of money before I run out of month. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Super Contributor

I love Amazon prime. I will pay the increase because I buy everything there from household cleaners to whatever. Daily, there is at least one and usually more packages delivered. No struggle to find an item, just look, click, done!