Honored Contributor

I watched the 1st of 2 presentations today and was underwhelmed. Her products don't seem to be new or revolutionary. Then when the host mentioned they're avail. at ULTA, why pay s&h? What do you think of the line?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I watched the 1st of 2 presentations today and was underwhelmed. Her products don't seem to be new or revolutionary. Then when the host mentioned they're avail. at ULTA, why pay s&h? What do you think of the line?

I am curious about the mascara duo. One is black and the other is a dark burgundy color. I need to watch a presentation to see why she chose these 2 colors for a duo. Did you see a presentation on the mascara @Shanus

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan  Yes, saw the show (DVR). She said the burgundy makes green eyes greener, blue eyes brighter, brings out gold in brown eyes. Suggested using black on top & the burgundy (not harsh red color, but deep aubergine/plum) on bottom lashes.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I never tried the line before, but I purchased the contouring kit.  I did hear them mention that you can get the same thing at Ulta, except Ulta does not provide the brush.  QVC provides the brush with the contour kit (also with the blush). 

Honored Contributor

My ULTA carries the entire line and I wasn't impressed by it. The colors went on chalky, the lip shades weren't great and not very hydrating and... as usual....no shade of foundation light enough (nor powder).

My ULTA contact (lol) tells me it doesn't sell; they haven't restocked anything since it entered their store back in late summer. I would never have thought that because the display is completely full of products....not a good thing when you realize it's all original stock.

Honored Contributor

I dvr'd the middle of the night show (and the Madame CJ Makeup).

I'm intriqued by the burgundy mascara and she's right that it will make green greener!

Honored Contributor

some of the looks today are awfully shiny looking!

i like a dewy complexion, but this was shiny/oily looking.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  My Madame CJ Makeup show turned out to be another hour of Dennis Basso. What's up with that?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus

Oh great! Thanks for the warning!

Kind of like how Mally recently turned out to be Laura Geller?! lol

Respected Contributor

I liked Stiles' eyeliners. They don't budge.  The foundation is okay, but would not repurchase because I feels there are better foundations in the market. Blushes look nice, but I have a lifetime of blushes and can't justify purchasing at the moment.