Respected Contributor

Re: FINALLY.......after 60 years, I've found my HG blush!

May I ask what type of brush people are using with the cheek pops? I have Ginger pop and find that it doesn't really work with my usual Tarte blush brush--normally I just tap a powder blush and have all the product I need. I think this isn't working because it is kind of creamy. I've tried a Jing Ai kabuki brush, but sort of overdid it. Any tips?

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/12/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 3/12/2014 Hi Cindy said:

Oooh, that is pretty. I am over 60 and ghostly fair with silver hair and green eyes. I think blush is the most important thing to put on to give you a little (much needed) color. The make up artists always put me in plums, not the muted brown neutrals I was attracted to. Clinique is always a good stand by. Macy's has their Clinique GWP offer come in at the end of March/ early April I think. Will check it out. I just got an ART Stick for lips in Bobbi Brown in a fun raspberry shade. More precise than lipstick and you slip a bit of gloss over and voila. Thanks !!

I'm you but with blue eyes (and am joining the "over 60" crowd in a couple of weeks).

Thanks for posting about the BB ART Stick. I usually don't pay attention to BB stuff, so I'll check this out. I really like a stick like this for lips -- does it last?

Re: BB Art stick. Well, nothing lasts very long on me. Couple of hours. The BB pencil is HUGE and should last for many applications. I put a little balm underneath and gloss over the top. However, what I like about this product is that it is a cure for the "disappearing" upper lip that you need to kinda draw on?

I like the Trish McEvoy Essential pencil also in a shimmery Baby pink. I have gravitated away from the old thin pencils and lipstick bullet and like these new pencils. Good day time look.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/12/2014 tucsongal said:

May I ask what type of brush people are using with the cheek pops? I have Ginger pop and find that it doesn't really work with my usual Tarte blush brush--normally I just tap a powder blush and have all the product I need. I think this isn't working because it is kind of creamy. I've tried a Jing Ai kabuki brush, but sort of overdid it. Any tips?

I just use a blush brush that I've had for a while (it's an IT Cosmetics brush). The bristles are very soft, and not real real dense.

suzyQ3....I guess the reason I didn't notice a film on mine is because, now don't laugh, but the way I put on blush is to run a tissue across the top and the rub my brush on the tissue. MANY years ago, I saw a makeup artist do this and I've been doing it ever since.

Trusted Contributor

Why did I have to see this thread? I don't need any blush, but this is sooo pretty. I want the peach!

Respected Contributor

I saw these and loved them but didn't have time to try any color on. I have med olive skin so I don't even know what color would look good on me, but I am waiting for the GWP at the end of the month. Thanks for mentioning this blush.

Valued Contributor

May I ask what type of brush people are using with the cheek pops?

You need a denser, firmer brush with this. A dense flat top or rounded brush works well. It's not powdery like other powder blushers. You might think nothing is coming off but you will see color on your brush. Just layer it to get the amount of color you want. Lasts very well for me too.

Super Contributor

I've had been looking for a good blush for a very very long time. I have found one in the Nars blushes. Problem is--now that I'm older and want to look younger, I seldom wear blush. However, I may give this one a whirl. Thanks for the info.

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review!! I want one now! LOL

Super Contributor

On 3/12/2014 Hi Cindy said:

Macy's has their Clinique GWP offer come in at the end of March/ early April I think. Will check it out.

Trusted Contributor

That bonus at Macy's looks really nice and the perfect excuse to get one of the cheek pops and some City Block Sheer.