Valued Contributor

Re: FHI Thermal Brush vs Calista Perfector or Something Else?

helen of troy , its great!

cathy from ma

Valued Contributor

helen of troy thermal brush , its great!

cathy from ma

Valued Contributor

I know this is an older thread, but I just wanted to let others know that the FHI is on clearance at JCPenney, if anyone is interested.

Honored Contributor

In general, I think the desired result is a factor in the styling tool you choose.  I have the original Perfecter.  Early on, I had an incident when I was distracted while using it and it got tangled in my hair.  I had to call my DH up to help me get it out and I did end up losing some hair that got pulled out in the process.  I learned my lesson, not to move my head or even look away while using it and it's been fine since then.  Years ago,  I had a hot air brush, but the barrel/brush on it was small.  It gives a tighter curl.  In looking for something larger, I came across the John Frieda Salon Shape 1.5 Inch Hot Air Brush on eBay for about $25.  The bristles on it are soft so it might not work for someone with super thick or coarse hair.  For my moderate amount of fine hair it works nicely to give a smooth style with the ends slightly rounded inward.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info; I have the short, curly, coarse hair, so I am thinking I may really like the FHI.