Honored Contributor

FDA Investigating WEN by Chaz Dean Complaints

Honored Contributor

Re: FDA Investigating WEN by Chaz Dean Complaints

Nothing new or scary for those of us using WEN successfully -  and since I'm on a mission to use what I own (of every cosmetic-drug type product), I'm going to go ahead.  Maybe by sometime in 2017 when I come close to the end of my Wen stash, there will be more info.

By the way -  it would be nice if that blog/FDA report had the right name for the one Wen product with the most complaints.  The products still in my house are not mentioned and never have been.

Honored Contributor

Maybe this will finally put an end to all the questions about whether or not Wen causes hair loss and other issues.  I used Wen for about three years and didn't have any of the problems others say they have.  I just didn't see enough difference in my hair to warrant the cost  or time to use correctly.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

Maybe this will finally put an end to all the questions about whether or not Wen causes hair loss and other issues.  I used Wen for about three years and didn't have any of the problems others say they have.  I just didn't see enough difference in my hair to warrant the cost  or time to use correctly.

This was my experience as well.  I didn't see any difference in my hair and the cost is beyond what I want to spend for hair products. 

Super Contributor

After a few weeks of WEN, my hair starting coming out (didn't really bother me because I have soooo much hair. But then my scalp started itching. I just stopped using and problem solved! Not every product works for everybody
Occasional Contributor

I 1st started using Wen & 6-13 about 2 yrs ago & finally stopped a yr ago bc I experienced hair loss & a scalp rash.  When I stopped using Wen my scalp rash disappeared & I stopped losing hair.  I now use Purology & Aveda &  my hair is heathy, soft & shiny.  Not only are those products better for my hair they are much less expensive & easier to use than Wen.

After I read about the FDA investigation I called QVC's Customer Service to inform QVC I experienced the same issues as was reported to the FDA.   I was told politely that I was wrong & there was nothing that QVC would do about Wen bc it's a "best seller".  That was an inane response to a customer's concern.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Newtown wrote:

I 1st started using Wen & 6-13 about 2 yrs ago & finally stopped a yr ago bc I experienced hair loss & a scalp rash.  When I stopped using Wen my scalp rash disappeared & I stopped losing hair.  I now use Purology & Aveda &  my hair is heathy, soft & shiny.  Not only are those products better for my hair they are much less expensive & easier to use than Wen.

After I read about the FDA investigation I called QVC's Customer Service to inform QVC I experienced the same issues as was reported to the FDA.   I was told politely that I was wrong & there was nothing that QVC would do about Wen bc it's a "best seller".  That was an inane response to a customer's concern.

I highly doubt that is what QVC CS said to you. It may be your interpretation of what was said but I certainly would like to hear CS version of the events.

I also don't understand what you wanted CS to do for you since you said you stopped using it  a year ago. Did you honestly think they should have done something for you a year after you stopped using it?  If you wanted to put in a complaint about your experience, you should contact the FDA as posted in numerous posts - QVC is not leading the investigation.

Honored Contributor

@Newtown wrote:

@Newtown

Did you go to your PCP or Dermatologist to examine you .... and have some documentation of some sort?

Esteemed Contributor

@Newtown wrote:

But you've already stopped using WEN a year ago, because you had hair loss and scalp rash, and now you called QVC customer service for what? If you already were NOT using WEN, did you expect the QVC to stop selling it for others because you had problems?

This means, you want me not to be able to buy it? But here lies a dilemma, @Newtown - I do NOT have the same experience with WEN as you did, nor do I have any problems!

WEN has been the best thing for MY HAIR and I love it!  I WANT to be able to buy and use WEN. So, how do we SQUARE this one out, @Newtown?

How about, I continue to use WEN and you continue NOT use it, but Purology & Aveda instead? Would not this be FAIR and square? What do you think?

Respected Contributor

That article has a lot of typos. i do not htink that person that wrote it ever lived in america or even looked up a wen product. I mean I know I am not a fan but the arthur could at least try to sound educated. "left" coast?  Sweat Almond "milk" ??? SMH