Trusted Contributor

Eyelid tape for hooded lids?

Has/does anyone use this?  If so, can you tell me how it works for you?  Also, can you tell me if this is available in stores and where?  Any particular brand you would recommend?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Eyelid tape for hooded lids?

I saw these on HSN last week, Contours I think was the name. They appear to work but I assume it's a learning curve to apply and I wonder if they stay all day even on someone with oily eyelids.

I think they would be worth a try especially if one is considering getting surgery.

Regular Contributor

I got them from HSN. They come in different sizes. My lids are very hooded. I got the 5mm ones but should probably have gotten the larger size (7mm). They work great, but there is a learning curve to them, and you do feel them. I was able to apply my regular eye makeup with no problem over them. I would say they are very helpful for special ocassions, but it may require some consistent use to get used to the feeling if they are to be worn everyday. I think I may have seen something similar to the Contours Rx when I lived in Miami, FL, but in some smaller beauty supply stores/boutiques. If you do a google search you'll find other brands.

Trusted Contributor

I too got mine from HSN and they are called, "Lids by Design".  I just put mine in the mail today back to HSN.  These did not work for me.  First of all the tape did not stick down completely on the ends. The middle part would stick fine, but the ends would not. Second, they are not invisible and you could clearly see them on my lid and since I don't wear eyeshadow, they were really obvious.  Since they are a flexible very thin plastic-like material, I don't see how eyeshadow would work at all trying to cover them up.  And thirdly, I don't have hooded eyes, but have very deep set eyes so that when my eyes are open, you can't see any of my lid and these did nothing at all to alleviate that problem.

Honored Contributor

Don't buy it from HSN! Amazon has tons for around 3 or 4 bucks!

When I saw the HSN demo I picked up some clear medical grade adhesive and of course I had to cut it into small slivers; 'yes' it works but the tape was a bit too thick .

I will pick up some from amazon.

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo  let us know how the ones you pick up on Amazon work, I would be interested in knowing .  Thank you

Valued Contributor

I had to wind up and have surgery on my eyelids because they were so hooded. The Dr. raised my forehead at the hairline first and then did the eyelids. It has helped alot but now I have a very bad problem with dry eyes because much more air is getting into my eyes.

My insurance covered every penny of both of these procedures.

Beckyblu

Esteemed Contributor

My dh was hooded enough that it interfered with his vision, so our insurance covered the surgery. If you have an eye Dr. that can verify the decrease in vision, that may be an option for you. I had mine done over 20 years ago and they have held nicely. Totally worth it.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Regular Contributor

I also got the Contours RX tape from HSN.  They're going back tomorrow.  They don't stick well (my eyelid was clean and dry) and they're visible.

Honored Contributor

I have hooded eyes and can't use the eye tape/lid things. My cousin has mono lids and can with ease.