Esteemed Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I use ELF eyelid primer and it keeps my eyeshadow on all day - also covers darkness - only $2 at Target. 

I use the same one @hoosieroriginal. I used to use Urban Decay Primer Potion and Too Faced Shadow Insurance but I tried the ELF one just to check it out. I wore ELF on one side and UDPP on the other and at the end of the day the ELF lid actually looked better with more shadow still on it and not one crease. 

@Irshgrl31201- plus for $2 you can't beat the price!  If you go on the ELF website - their products get very high reviews.  I might try one of their foundations soon - if I don't like it - I'm out maybe $8-10!

I use a lot of their products and I love their brushes. I get the black $3 eyeshadow brushes and they are great because you can buy so many of them and not have to wash  your brushes every time you change shadow colors. I probably have at least 30 of their brushes of all types.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Valued Contributor

Laura Geller Eye spackle in the black tube with red cap, I swear by it!   I have not seen it on the Q lately, but you can get it at Macy's andt Nordstrom's, some of the bigger stores. I have used this for probably 6 or 7 years now. (The one in the pot I do not like and it is not the same.) The colors stay true they do not budge. My eyeliner does not smear whether it's drugstore or high-end. Not to mention it's a good little concealer if you just need a little dab here or there for the inner eye darkness.

I found Urban Decay eye base to be oily. I found the eye primer from Too Faced to be the same.   Neither created any staying power for my eyeshadow or liner.

Super Contributor

I don't use eyeshadows much and my eyelids are old (sorta like the rest of me Smiley Very Happy ) so I came upon bareMinerals 5-in-1 BB cream eye shadow with spf.  

I like the spf and it brightens my eyelids.  It is a primer but I use it alone as a subtle shadow.  The soft linen on my fair skin results in a nice subtle glow.

Respected Contributor

I tried a few different ones but when I got home at the end of an 8 hour day I would see creasing on my eyelids. I ordered the MAC 24 hour eye base and it's really good! If I am going to be out all day, like 12-16 hours then I use this and apply the MAC Paint Pot in the shade Painterly and then set it with a light cream colored shadow. The 24 hour eye base provides no color, but it helps my eyeshadow stay put. A little goes a long way. I've had my tube for over 9 months, so it's worth it. 

Honored Contributor

@jjb wrote:

I have never used one, can anyone recommend a good one?

Urban Decay Primer Potion-Eden

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Re: Eyelid Primer?

[ Edited ]

@just wonder wrote:

Clinique Touch Base is WONDERFUL; can find at all major department stores at a relatively reasonable price, as well as on-line.  However, for some reason Clinique discontinued the shade I used for years, as did many others because it often was out of stock, so cannot recommend a shade, but I can definitely recomment this as a eye shadow base!!!!

It is good, but it can dry out quickly.  Canvas, I believe is the shade I liked.  I used to get a lot of returns when I worked there part time as it dried out. 

They ended up bringing in a light canvas at one point that I also loved.

I don't like Laura Geller's primer any longer.  It's more like a concealer-which I think it really is.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

The ones I've purchased multiple times...NARS, Urban Deca...

The ones I've purchased multiple times...NARS, Urban Decay Primer Potion, and Wet 'N Wild.  Guess which one wins, hands down?  (Wet 'N Wild) It doesn't cake up at the brow, and seems to stay fresh until the container is empty.  

Contributor

The Wet n' Wild Photo Focus eye primer is the best! It takes a long time for you to run out and it's great for my oily eye lids.