Highlighted
N/A

Eyelashes turning, curling the wrong way?

I have never seen this topic discussed. Does anyone have a rememdy for eyelashes that don't stand up like the rest. I have some in the exact middle of my eye that start out straight, and then the tip curls one way or the other. Or, they actually grow sideways. I have outside end ones that grow toward the inside. No problem with my bottom lashes, only the top ones. I use Mally mascara and love it. Suggestions, anyone?

Re: Eyelashes turning, curling the wrong way?

I have this problem, too, and wish I could find a solution.   I am NOT talking about trichiasis (which is a medical problem where your lashes grow backwards and scratch the eyeball), but I have issues with all my lashes slanting inward toward my nose (giving my eyes a smallish and slightly cross eyed look), instead of the pretty way lashes normally slant outward giving the eyes a larger and slanted appearance.

I really wish I could figure how to fix this.  My lashes were beautiful when I was young, but as I have aged, this strange change in the direction of my lashes has gradually changed the look of my eyes.  I brush then outwards every single day, but the won't stay.

i am hoping to find a solution!

Respected Contributor

@LindaCRH @SiouxCitySue  Have you tried using an eyelash curler, but moving the lashes into the "right" position, before clamping down on the lash curler?  It would probably have to become a daily routine, but it might help train your lashes.  Also, there are heated eyelash curlers that might help (I haven't tried any, but have seen them online).  A friend of mine uses her blowdryer to warm her eyelash curler before using.  She isn't using it to fix the direction of her lashes, though.  She just warms it up before using because she says it helps the curling of her lashes.  Not sure if any of this will help, but just thought I'd suggest it.  Post back, if anything works!

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Trusted Contributor

i like celery wrote:

@LindaCRH @SiouxCitySue  Have you tried using an eyelash curler, but moving the lashes into the "right" position, before clamping down on the lash curler?  It would probably have to become a daily routine, but it might help train your lashes.  Also, there are heated eyelash curlers that might help (I haven't tried any, but have seen them online).  A friend of mine uses her blowdryer to warm her eyelash curler before using.  She isn't using it to fix the direction of her lashes, though.  She just warms it up before using because she says it helps the curling of her lashes.  Not sure if any of this will help, but just thought I'd suggest it.  Post back, if anything works!

I think that I would probably try doing this.

Mine are graying, like my brows and my hair, so this is happening to some of mine, too.

My eyelashes are turning a lighter blond too, besides graying. I am a natural blond. 

My lashes are starting to look so light now, that it looks like I don't have any lashes on my lids. Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I didn't know there was a medical name for this -- I just chalked it up to old age.  I sometimes have 1 or 2 eyelashes that tun under and scratch my eyeball during the day.  If I can't turn them back the right direction, I just pluck them.  If it was more than 1 at a time every month or so, I'd find a different cure.

A woman is like a teabag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
Occasional Contributor

You might want to try a lash primer in the area where the lashes "don't behave".  It should dry in a few minutes.  You can then curl your lashes with an eyelash curler (it won't hurt them), and then apply your mascara. 

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2016 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View