Contributor

After watching Shark Tank the other night, there was a woman on that has a business doing the above mentioned.

Admittedly, I am curious about them and wondered if anyone has had them done and if so, what the cost was along with maintenance and were you happy with them?

TIA.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Respected Contributor

Many women love these and swear by them. My BFF had them and they looked amazing; that said, she had a reaction to the adhesive and lost all her natural lashes, so is 'bald'. I directed her to taraskincare.com for Careprost (generic Latisse) to get her lashes back.

Honored Contributor

Two of my friends get them and they look fantastic. I checked out a few local places online and the prices were just too outrageous for me to consider.

Prices vary a lot by area, so instead of us quoting you a price you should look up local places online. Before you choose one, I'd ask around. If you see someone with amazing lashes, give her a compliment and see if she confesses to lash extensions and can recommend a salon. That's how I found out my two friends had them and how I've gotten all my best salon recommendations. When I wanted to have my brows threaded, I complimented a co-worker on her amazing brows and she gave me the name and number of the her threader. I complimented my friend on her fantastic curls when she raved about the new cut she got made them look better, I asked for the name and number of the guy who cut her hair.

Honored Contributor

In a way, it's like getting fake fingernails and going in for fills every couple of weeks.  Similarly, one would have to go in every couple of weeks to fill in areas where lashes naturally fall out.  The initial cost is a couple hundred dollars and the fills, I think, are about half that.  My niece had them for awhile.  They were obvious and almost looked odd or unnatural when I saw her because she's not one to use much makeup.  When I finally asked her if she got them, she said "I wondered how long it would take you to notice."  Eventually she grew tired of being tied to the upkeep and gave up on them.  IMO, there are a lot more important things to spend that kind of money on.

Respected Contributor

I had individual lashes applied for a special occasion. They looked very pretty.You have to avoid getting them wet which is extremely difficult in the shower or just washing your face or hair. The kind on strips only look good to me if they are not too long and bulky.

Trusted Contributor

Had them for a couple years ~ loved them and the look.  The initial cost was maybe $200, then weekly upkeep due to shedding ran about $30.  To me it was worth it ~ HOWEVER, after 2 1/2 years of wearing them I became allergic to the lashes or the adhesive we are not sure which.  I tried alternative lashes and adhesives, but to no avail.

Sadly I am not able to tolerate the extensions..........very much miss the look of those lashes!  : (

Respected Contributor

i've been wearing them for close to 3 years now and absolutely love them.  the initial cost was around $125 and i go in for a fill around 3 weeks and that is 50.  i can go longer but don't.  you can get them wet and even go swimming.  i wouldn't suggest staying underwater for a long time though.

the prices around here can be very expensive so you need to shop around.

Contributor

I wanted to thank everyone for posting your thoughts, advice and experiences on the subject.

Before I do anything, I'm going to talk to the guy who does my hair.  The salon where he works offers many other different services, so they may do it there. 

Again, thanks to everyone taking the time to post.

Still the same "HisElk"; trouble logging in and lost the "old me".
Respected Contributor

My sister and one of her girlfriends have them.  They look amazing and natural! Both gals limit the length of the lashes.  They want to look natural like Blake Lively in Adelaide.  They go about once a month for refils.  They both told me they wear goggles when they shower to make them last longer.  They swear by salons that do Xtreme lashes.  They are pricey, but both think it is worth it.  Both gals now get lashes and do their own manicures and pedicures to defray the cost.  I will tell you that I told my sister she should get lashes forever, because she looks absolutely sensational with or without makeup with her lashes.

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i've been wearing them for close to 3 years now and absolutely love them.  the initial cost was around $125 and i go in for a fill around 3 weeks and that is 50.  i can go longer but don't.  you can get them wet and even go swimming.  i wouldn't suggest staying underwater for a long time though.

the prices around here can be very expensive so you need to shop around.

I wear them too and my cost is about the same as yours.

No one I know goes for fills every week or two.  That's just not necessary. I go once per month and it's fine. You can absolutely get them wet-just not in the first 24 hours. I snorkled in Hawaii with them on and only lost a lash or two. You just can't use oil-based makeup remover near them.

I get shorter/thicker vs the extremely long ones. They last a bit longer and are more natural.

~Enough is enough~