Honored Contributor

Re: Eyelash Curler Recommendation

If you're pinching, then you're putting the device too close to the base of your lashes. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone.  How would you go about finding the right "fit" for your eye without buying multiple curlers till you found one that "fit"?  They should label them S M or L Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

This is going to soud nuts, but I have to use two separat...

This is going to soud nuts, but I have to use two separate eyelash curlers.  I was one of those people who thought I would be able to get away with never needing to use one.  However, gravity has taken over and using the curlers really helps open my eyes and give them a much-needed lift.  I use a Trish McEvoy on my right eye and a Tweezerman regular style metal curler on my left.  My eyes form two different "arcs" evidently and using the same curler on both eyes, regardless of which one, results in pinching and pulling.  I've found a combo that works.  LOL!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thanks everyone.  How would you go about finding the right "fit" for your eye without buying multiple curlers till you found one that "fit"?  They should label them S M or L Smiley Wink

What  eye shape do you have? For example, mine are round shape, & probably average size (whatever that means, lol). And I have an open-type lid....plenty of room to apply shadow. 

Some people don't have much of a lid, others have almond-shaped eyes, etc. I would say that most curlers I've tried pretty much worked for me, with the SHU being the exception. 

It's just that some brands do a better job at curling, & are more comfortable to use. It's pretty much trial & error. 

Respected Contributor

Re: This is going to soud nuts, but I have to use two separat...

@OkeyDokey wrote:

This is going to soud nuts, but I have to use two separate eyelash curlers.  I was one of those people who thought I would be able to get away with never needing to use one.  However, gravity has taken over and using the curlers really helps open my eyes and give them a much-needed lift.  I use a Trish McEvoy on my right eye and a Tweezerman regular style metal curler on my left.  My eyes form two different "arcs" evidently and using the same curler on both eyes, regardless of which one, results in pinching and pulling.  I've found a combo that works.  LOL!

No, that sounds great, actually. I find that my outer lashes on the sides always look a little crimped compared to the other sections. I have to wet those side lashes & straighten them out a bit. 

Whatever works to make us beautiful is the way to go. Heart

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@spot555 wrote:

If you choose the right curler. you get a gentle upward curve. It opens up the eyes. Then, if you tightline on the under base of the upper lashes, you get va-voom without having to apply fake lashes.

Years ago I tried the Shu, & it didn't fit my eye shape AT ALL. I found Shiseido's worked great, & I also like Lancome's. You need to find the right fit for your eye shape & lash type. 

@spot555I concur, Shu did not fit my eye, it's just too curved not wide enough of something?! I had it for years and it was ok when I was maybe in my 40's but now at 60 and even in my 50's it didn't seem to fit right.

Shiseido's like you say is best at least for us.. many do think the same on beauty boards like MUAlley.

There are 2 nearly 100% identical lash curlers I have (I matched them up) and they are are the Shiseido and Trish McEvoy's lash curler.

I always use those reaching for Shiseido's the most! it's great.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

It's been years and years since I've used a curler on my eyelashes.  Seems I was always pinching my eyelid...ouch!  I'm going to give it another try.  Locally, I have Walmart and CVS.  Are all  (non heated) eyelash curlers created equal or do some perform better?  Which drugstore brand would you suggest?

Thanks

Sorry @monicakm. I used whatever lash curler was available at the drugstore. After so many years of curling them, they began to slowly fall out & look thinner. My derm suggested to discontinue use and change to a mascara that curls...won't injure the lash follicle.

I did that 5 yrs. ago & lashes grew back. There are many curling mascaras that are high end or drugstore brands.

Respected Contributor

Mar. Smiley Happy

I think you're right....the SHU wasn't long enough for my eyes.