Honored Contributor

Re: Eye creams for upper eye lids

@SeaMaiden   Unless I missed it in the explanation of the product you featured, it says nothing about safety for the upper eyelid.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

DR. Denese Eye Fixxer Upper -There are  two creams : Upper and Lower 

It works! I have sensitive skin and it worked with no reactions! Hope you get the same results that I did. 

Dr D discontinued the upper eyelid cream a while ago. 

@Shelbelle   Most likely because women had an issue with irritation on the lid.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Mitchell 

@Shanus Does professional makeup and has a wealth of information on products.

Thank you @ECBG , but seems some women just want to continue putting whatever products on their lids. I was taught and my opthalmologist says not to put creams, gels or serums on the top lid. They can get in the eye, behind the eyeball causing blurring, infection and sometimes permanent damage. Just like firming and lifting creams,  which do not work, women will continue to see products as solutions/miracles in a jar.

Honored Contributor

I have heard Manuela say several times that a few of her Isomers eye products are excellent for upper lids, Plasma 200, Mezmereyez, and Orchid. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Mitchell 

@Shanus Does professional makeup and has a wealth of information on products.

Thank you @ECBG , but seems some women just want to continue putting whatever products on their lids. I was taught and my opthalmologist says not to put crems, gels or serums on the top lid. They can get in the eye, behind the eyeball causing blurring, infection and sometimes permanent damage. Just like firming and lifting creams,  which do not work, women will continue to see products as solutions/miracles in a jar.

@Shanus 

I had no idea, but it does make sense.  Scary!

Respected Contributor

I have used all of my eye creams for years on my upper lids with no problem. Beekman makes a very nice Blaak Eye Cream. I used it day and night. Skinn Pep 40 has one that is two sided. One side is for night and one for day.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I have heard Manuela say several times that a few of her Isomers eye products are excellent for upper lids, Plasma 200, Mezmereyez, and Orchid. 

@Shelbelle   I don't know that line or the credentials of those giving that advice.

Trusted Contributor

I had no idea eye creams aren't supposed to be used on eyelids. I even use Retin A on my upper eyelids. 😬

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle   I don't know that line or the credentials of those giving that advice.

I am very surprised you dont know of Isomers sold on SHQ for so many years, very highly regarded here. Manuela is highly respected comsmetics chemist who is the mfg of this line in Canada. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Korres was just on HSN, presented an eye product called Cellular Total Eye Recovery Balm, they specifically touted that it is perfect for the eyelids.