Contributor

Re: Exactly how much makeup do you have?

I collect makeup like I collect quilt fabric. Love all the colors and possibilities, but rarely use any if it.  I sort it often and do more playing with it than wearing it out of the house.   Keep thinking that I really ought to start using it as I'm nearly 50.  I have probably 20-30 eyeshadow palettes alone.  It's embarassing really.  My girlfriends make out great as I purge mostly never used stuff to make more room for more things a couple times each year.  Tell myself that I'm doing research to find my HG items! 

Esteemed Contributor

More skin care than mu.

Not a true minimalist but I aim for simplicity in a morning routine so I can get out the door. 

Always trying something new but GWP & trial sizes keep me very happy.

Contributor

I have more makeup than skin care. I have two 4in1 interchangeable rolling makeup case trolleys.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

98% of the time No makeup. Do use my Anastasia Brow Wiz every day, along with Revlon lip balm stain (honey) My products, IT illumination celebration powder foundation and IT live love laugh vitality disc, loreal telescopic carbon back mascara. Skin care simple, CerVea dry skin facial wash and CerVea cream. That's it!!

Esteemed Contributor

I started using makeup in my teens and never looked back. I sold cosmetics for several years at different stores..anyway, I will never have enough..always looking for the Holy Grail..lol! I have learned so much from the girls on this forum, in my 60's now...ROCK ON...lol! xoxo

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

I have tons of makeup...I have a whole drawer of makeup that I seldom use and a drawer of makeup that I use most often. I no longer buy a ton of makeup, just lipsticks which are my passion...I told myself after cleaning out my makeup stash that this is ridiculous(but fun) but I needed to stop if I want to retire in the next few years, so even though I frequent Ulta and watch the beauty shows on QVC, HSN and Evine, I do not buy like I used to I have always loved makeup since I was 14........So to not buy is hard, and I slip sometimes, but I no longer spend a fortune on it. I still love to look at all of the different brands and colors when they come out..... 

Super Contributor

I have waaaayyyy too much!  Lol   Especially lip products.  I have told my daughter not to let me buy anything for my lips if we are out shopping.  Smiley LOL

Respected Contributor

I've tossed a lot of old makeup in the last 6 months, but still have too much...I love playing with it when I have time! I'm still working so--counting church on Sunday--I wear a full face 6 days a week. I've found my HG CC cream, mascara, brow product and lipstain, so I'm good there. Don't use full on lipstick anymore, but a sheer color or tinted balm over the stain. I prefer the CC cream in spring/summer, a regular liquid foundation in fall/winter, both topped by LG's Balance & Brighten. I have one liquid foundation to use up, then I'm on the hunt for something good, but cheaper. I rarely use concealer.

Where I'm more minimalist in skin care. I clean my makeup off a night with wipes, in the morning I wash with a mix of Cetaphil and Wen 613. Moisturizer is Wen Replenishing Treatment Mist currenlty mixed with Wen 319 Nourishing Body Treatment. That's it.

I'm 61 y/o, oily t-zone, skin is loving this routine!

Honored Contributor

Oh Lordy----I have WAY too much make up and that is one of my summer time goals is to clean and clear out the stuff I don't use. As God is my witness!!!!!!!  ;-)  I  did a semi clearing a few years ago after going thru 6 months of cancer treatments---got rid of the old and vowed not to buy until I had used up the current----yeah, right!!!! I am a total skincare junkie and to a lesser degree, a make up abuser too. Love it all but really need to stop and see just what I have now.  As I say this, let me confess that I just bought 4 new brow/eye items from Benefit------I am hopeless !!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Not enough! I want more:-)