Contributor

Ever Use A Product For Something Other Than Its Intended Purpose -OUCH!

The other day I was going to clean my bathroom sink with a new Magic Eraser Extra Power Pad (LOVE THESE). I glanced in the mirror and saw a little flaking around my mouth from my Retin-A. Yep, you guessed it. I took that pad and gently rubbed it over the flakes and, POOF, they were gone. So I thought well, since that worked so well, I'll just go over my whole face. Why not, right? After all, this is one brilliant idea! After a little gentle buffing and rubbing with a little added water and facial cleanser, I rinsed my face, knowing that I was going to have this smooth as glass, glowing complexion. I looked up, and in the mirror was this bright red, I mean RED, face looking back at me. Glowing....yes, like a beacon, not in a good way. I put STO Tamanu oil, aloe vera gel, and a few other things made to calm irritation. My face was still on fire. I got a wet wash cloth and put ice cubes in it and laid it across my face. After a while of that, I then put antibiotic cream on. I went to bed and when I woke the next morning....I was one big ole scab face. Not the kind you can see type of scab, just sand paper-ish. As you can imagine, my makeup looked stunning over the sand paper complexion. After four days of peeling and sluffing, I am now back to almost normal. I wish I could say that after all that, I can see an improvement in the texture of my skin. Nope, sure don't. I have used these for self-tan boo-boos, but I will never get one of these pads even remotely close to my face.