Respected Contributor

Re: Endless slathering on of body creams

@SugarGlider wrote:

I guess I am in the minority of overly sensitive viewers, but the endless slathering on of body creams is sickening. A normal five minute presentation is fine, but when the presentation is too long, the models look like basted turkeys!

Basted turkey LOL....I think it looks like suntanning oil...greasy bodies on the beach LOL sweating and putting on the baby oil!

Trusted Contributor

I have to admit that the greasy look made me not want to buy it. The last thing I want to feel like is greasy!

I think you're saying that the shows need to be modified to 1/2 hour (or less) presentations to avoid "the look" after constantly applying for 1-hour.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

It appears to never sink in....oiled up looking...I have never tried it but in selling it I would think at least one person should apply a small amount and show viewers at home that is goes in the skin...for me it is a issue that keeps me from ever buying it for sure.

Trusted Contributor

I, personally, don't watch those shows.  I've seen parts a few times and it's just not for me.  Yes, there are a zillion products that get the job done just fine.  Many are much cheaper as well.  I'll continue with those. MO

Contributor

I don't get the whole Josie Maran body butter thing. If you look at the ingredients list for her body butter, the ingredients appear to be nearly identical to drugstore moisturizers. The only difference being that hers has argan oil, which really isn't any different from several other less expensive non-comedogenic plant oils in terms of its effect on skin. In order for an expensive moisturizer to be worth it, it should contain other antioxidants and other ingredients that are beneficial to skin. This appears to be a pretty basic moisturizer yet it retails for $35.

Also many of the plant extracts she uses for fragrance are known skin irritants, such as lavender and any type of citrus. Citrus extracts even make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Any skincare product you use should be fragrance-free and irritant-free.

Trusted Contributor

@Lindaj46 wrote:

I totally agree with you. I was hoping it wasn't just me. The models look very greasy to me. Especially when using the whipped body butter. Who uses that much? I wouldn't want to put on clothes after using that greasy cream. 

I also agree and there is one vendor whose shows I never watch anymore because it is so over the top.  And all the dipping of the fingers in the lotion really is sickening.  

Respected Contributor

Yucky, just plain yucky! Heart

Don't worry, be Happy!
Valued Contributor

Let me guess...this is yet another JM bashing fest!!!???? Everytime this girl come's on with her product, someone, with nothing better to do, start's a thread about her. If you don't like her, her product's or her presentation CHANGE THE CHANNEL for crying out loud!!!!!! There are product's and Vendor's I enjoy and some I don't. I certainly don't feel the need to start a thread bashing those I don't like.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

It appears to never sink in....oiled up looking...I have never tried it but in selling it I would think at least one person should apply a small amount and show viewers at home that is goes in the skin...for me it is a issue that keeps me from ever buying it for sure.

@tsavorite

It doesn't sink into my skin at all, not even the drier skin on my feet! I know it works for other people but for me, it's like putting actual butter on my skin.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not a fan either.  It's an instant channel changer for me.