Honored Contributor

Re: Endless slathering on of body creams

I also find them to be repulsive and I do change the channel.  I never even go to a station when something like Josie Maran is advertised to be on.  I also avoid Philosophy shows, mostly because they're so deadly boring.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@dragthewaters wrote:

I don't get the whole Josie Maran body butter thing. If you look at the ingredients list for her body butter, the ingredients appear to be nearly identical to drugstore moisturizers. The only difference being that hers has argan oil, which really isn't any different from several other less expensive non-comedogenic plant oils in terms of its effect on skin. In order for an expensive moisturizer to be worth it, it should contain other antioxidants and other ingredients that are beneficial to skin. This appears to be a pretty basic moisturizer yet it retails for $35.

Also many of the plant extracts she uses for fragrance are known skin irritants, such as lavender and any type of citrus. Citrus extracts even make your skin more sensitive to the sun. Any skincare product you use should be fragrance-free and irritant-free.

Thank you for voicing these concerns.  It is odd that Q allows presentations which are tales with omissions, like the actual composition of the product. " Argan oil whipped up " is only marginally true of any except the origina,l but this claim is heard incessantly through each show.   

Esteemed Contributor

I can easily guess who the vendor is and what the brand is just from the title of this thread. QVC's beauty sales pitches are repetitive and stale.

Trusted Contributor

If it sickens you then why continue the full hour then come here to talk about it? Now that's sick.

Respected Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

@tsavorite wrote:

It appears to never sink in....oiled up looking...I have never tried it but in selling it I would think at least one person should apply a small amount and show viewers at home that is goes in the skin...for me it is a issue that keeps me from ever buying it for sure.

@tsavorite

It doesn't sink into my skin at all, not even the drier skin on my feet! I know it works for other people but for me, it's like putting actual butter on my skin.

Hi I went to Sephora yesterday...made sure to smell and test out her product while there.  I didn't like any of the frangrance ones that they had...my husband didn't either...unscented would be best.  BUT with that said I used a very tiny amount on my hands and it was oily for quite sometime...after awhile it did go in better.  I don't think this product is for me after all and am glad I never purchased it from Q.  I perfer my Cerave heavy cream lotion in the tub...now has a pump...that stuff works so well...never oily and the hydration is great not to mention the price.  

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

It appears to never sink in....oiled up looking...I have never tried it but in selling it I would think at least one person should apply a small amount and show viewers at home that is goes in the skin...for me it is a issue that keeps me from ever buying it for sure.

@tsavorite

That's one thing that I never saw ...... the after feel of an applied cream.    Does it completely absorb into the skin ... or does it leave a "moist" layer on the skin?   Without knowing the answer to that, I won't even consider buying!

Trusted Contributor

@Tnkrbl44 it absorbs in. She obviously had put too much on.😉

Honored Contributor

Lighten up!  I have watched Josie and I have never seen endless lathering of creams.  She has to sell her product so change the channel if it bothers you so much.

kindness is strength
New Contributor

I laughed out loud to read these comments about "endless slathering of body creams".  I was just watching the Josie Moran TSV and was nauseated just watching about six (different shaped) models slathering oil and cream all over themselves; especially  after watching Josie doing the same in a tiny negligee-type dress.  What is going on here?   I didn't buy anything, just wanted to turn off this ridiculous presentation.   Isn't it enough that Josie slathers it on herself all through the presentation?  In contrast, when "Philosophy" is on-air, the presentation doesn't involve "endless slathering" and I will watch an entire presentation because it is not offensive.  I think I can figure out how to apply cream to my own body without watching a half dozen Basted Turkeys in high definition!  Gobble, Gobble!

Valued Contributor

Let me guess...this is yet another JM bashing fest!!!???? Everytime this girl come's on with her product, someone, with nothing better to do, start's a thread about her. If you don't like her, her product's or her presentation CHANGE THE CHANNEL for crying out loud!!!!!! There are product's and Vendor's I enjoy and some I don't. I certainly don't feel the need to start a thread bashing those I don't like.

Why are you reading and responding to this thread? Do you have nothing else to do?? Change the channel!