Trusted Contributor

I own the Emjoi Micro Pedi and love it.  I see the Emjoi Nano is going to be a TSV (set of 2 with manicure tools for $49). I'm thinking of Christmas gifts and wondering how the Nano compares to the Micro-Pedi?  It looks smaller - is it a compact and cheaper version of the Micro-Pedi?  Or is it a better/upgraded version?  I know that I can buy attachments for the Micro Pedi, but wondering more about the quality of the actual unit.

I like the MicroPedi and if the Nano is a step down, I will not purchase this TSV.  But if the Nano is actually a step up, I want to get it.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Emjoi Nano vs Micro Pedi?

My reply dissappeared?? Anyway, this is funny since I just went on yesterday to check for Emjoi Micro Pedi seems QVC always has on the Epilator not interested in that. If you go on the Emjoi website you can get info on how fast and strong each is. I want the corded Emjoi because I read that you go through Batteries really fast!! Is that true? Will watch for the TSV!!

Honored Contributor

@calicotoo wrote:

My reply dissappeared?? Anyway, this is funny since I just went on yesterday to check for Emjoi Micro Pedi seems QVC always has on the Epilator not interested in that. If you go on the Emjoi website you can get info on how fast and strong each is. I want the corded Emjoi because I read that you go through Batteries really fast!! Is that true? Will watch for the TSV!!

Yes it does use the batteries because it works best with fresh batteries. I even tried some rechargeable batteries in it but like I said it works best with fresh batteries. They also have a Rechargeable & the Corded version. Wondered if the rechargeable version works as well as the corded version? They both spin 47 times per second. Amazon has the best price last time I checked.

The difference between last years & this years Micro Pedi is this years is shaped a little different, it has 2 speeds & includes the manicure kit. I'm passing since I already have 2 of these little Nano's. They are nice for travel. I'm going to buy one that does not use batteries.

Esteemed Contributor

I own the original Emjoi Micro-pedi with the batteries as well as the corded version of the Emjoi Micro-pedi. I bought the corded version because the battery operated one does go through a lot of batteries as it does work best with fresh ones. I like the corded version as I think it's faster but they are both good. I keep the battery one for travel as my heels take a beating on vacations when I wear sandals a lot.

I find that I have to really keep up with removing the dead skin on my heels as well as the calluses on my big toes for the Micro-pedi to work well. If I'm lazy and slack off using this tool then sometimes a Micro-pedi isn't enough and I'll have to use a foot paddle and/or a Microplane foot file and then use a Micro-pedi on my heels.

I have the manicure attachments as well as the cone shaped blue attachments and I do find them helpful to remove dead skin buildup around the nails and tops of the toes.