Honored Contributor

Emjoi Emagine (72 disc) epilator vs "new" Emjoi Erase (60 disc) epilator

Wouldn't the 72 disc one be better than the new one that is going to be in the TSV in December, which only has 60 discs in terms of less passes and more accurate? The 72 disc one is only $4 more than the one going to be in the TSV, although the TSV one will have a sensitive attachment and a shaver attachment (why would we need a shaver if we are epilating?).

Am I missing something? Thoughts?

Respected Contributor

Re: Emjoi Emagine (72 disc) epilator vs ""new"" Emjoi Erase (60 disc) epilator

Orchids, here you go, A240222 . Copy fast!

Respected Contributor

Drat, it doesn't show any left in stock, but that was the number at the time.

Contributor

Any more reviews on this? Thanks! :-)
Honored Contributor

On 1/1/2014 smashbox said: Any more reviews on this? Thanks! :-)

I've had mine for a few days now but keep forgetting not to apply my lotion so I can try it! I will try it later tonight or tomorrow morning and let you know what my initial impression is. I have never used an epilator before so this should be interesting, lol. My DH said epilators are "old school" and I should just get the professional laser treatments that promise long-term, lasting, permanent hair removal so I may just do that instead- but I do want to give this a try first.

Super Contributor

Mine arrived the day after Christmas and I've been playing with it each day. This is the first time I've ever used an epilator and I have to say it was pretty painful at first. Once I got the longer hairs off my legs, it wasn't too bad. The worst place for me seems to be around my ankles and where there isn't a lot of meat on my legs. I've been running over my legs each day since so I'll get used to it and now it isn't too bad. I even have used it on my upper lip - no pain for me there since I'm used to getting my upper lip threaded. I couldn't use the sensitive head attachment on it though because the hairs weren't coming out. Now, I've actually moved to my underarms (sorry if TMI) and no pain at all there. It seems the pain was only on my legs.

Honored Contributor

well hm, tried using it a few times now on my legs and it was okay (i.e. not too painful) on the upper part of my calf but towards my ankle, OUCHIE! Unbearable! I tried all kinds of different things and it still hurt too much. Plus it made my skin look like a rash broke out after I was done. I tried it on my armpit and even though it is small, I still could not get it in my armpit- it was too big! I tried positioning like it stated to in the instructions and it just is too big to maneuver in my armpit.

Sadly, this is going back but the upside- I am going to invest in the permanent hair removal treatments at the derm or buy one of those gadgets (I have to research first). How AWESOME not to ever have to shave or get stubble again!

Honored Contributor

It did pinch some the first time I used it on my legs, mostly near the ankle but after that I hardly feel it. I had 10 days of regrowth since I last shaved the first time. I've since used it twice and I know it removed some hairs because I had missed a couple spots. It really doesn't pinch much after the first time, when the hair is really short and using the high speed really helps. The first time I used low speed thinking it would hurt less and I'd ease in. I think that was a mistake LOL.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2014 jaxs mom said:

It did pinch some the first time I used it on my legs, mostly near the ankle but after that I hardly feel it. I had 10 days of regrowth since I last shaved the first time. I've since used it twice and I know it removed some hairs because I had missed a couple spots. It really doesn't pinch much after the first time, when the hair is really short and using the high speed really helps. The first time I used low speed thinking it would hurt less and I'd ease in. I think that was a mistake LOL.

I may mess around with it a little more, you know, try it at different lengths. I did use the fastest speed, I couldn't imagine going slower, ouchie! My DH kept laughing at me because every few seconds, he'd hear me shouting out terrible, awful things while I was using it. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}Still wouldn't work for my armpits. Do you use it there?

Honored Contributor

HappyDaze, I get the little red bumps/rash on my legs, too. I got it with the eMagine, too. But it disappears and the next time it is not as bad. I don't use it on my legs very often and hope that the bumps will stop coming after a few more uses. but they don't seem to last for long.

I've got a few weeks left to decide but I am pretty sure the eRase is going to be a keeper for me. I really like the size for small, curvy areas like my chin, upper lip, and underarms. It is easier to use and gets more facial hair than the eMagine does.

I am also pretty sure I'll never use the sensitive guard or the shaver. Both of these seem a waste of money to me.