Respected Contributor

I'm still having a hard time finding a physical sunscreen that I like. I like Aveeno for wearing under my make up, but I'd like a good physical sunscreen for days in the summer when I'm just at home and not wearing makeup. All the physical sunscreens I've tried are heavy, greasy and sticky. I've heard lots of raves about the Elta MD and thought I might try it, but it's kind of expensive. I was wondering what your favorite formulation was, and where's the best place to get it for the best price? Thanks!

Esteemed Contributor

I really love Supergoop Mineral!! I like it so much that I want to hoard it. It's the best sunscreen I've ever used. 

Super Contributor

I use daily(and like a lot) Yes to Carrots DAILY FACIAL MOISTURIZER WITH SPF 15.

If I need more than spf 15 I use one by Badger, but it is heavier.

I have had skin cancer years ago so I am very careful now and these work well for me.

Respected Contributor

I've used Elta MD for years and order from Amazon.  It's kind of pricey, but it lasts for a long time as I only use it on my face and neck. 

Respected Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I really love Supergoop Mineral!! I like it so much that I want to hoard it. It's the best sunscreen I've ever used. 

I've never heard of Supergoop Mineral, but will try it next time.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Elta MD sunscreen

[ Edited ]

I've used Elta MD Tinted SPF 41 for years. Always buy either at dermstore.com (if you put the product into your "favorites," you automatically get 10% off every time you order) or skinstore.com, which often has 20% off sales. Both ship ridiculously quickly, often the same day. I would never be without it. My dermatologist gives it a huge thumbs up and told me she uses it herself. I find that a tube lasts me a very long time, even though I use it 365 days a year.

Super Contributor

I've been using eltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41 Tinted for several years and LOVE it! It's enough tint for me that many times I don't need to wear foundation, only a little powder in the t-zone. It doesn't cause breakouts or feel heavy. If you check online, you can usually find some sales and a tube lasts at least 6 months of daily use for me.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Elta MD sunscreen

[ Edited ]
@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I've used Elta MD for years and order from Amazon.  It's kind of pricey, but it lasts for a long time as I only use it on my face and neck. 

No sunscreen should last a long time if used properly.  Any formula has to have at least 12% zinc oxide, and it needs to be applied liberally.  Unless the formula is highly water resistant, it will also need to be reapplied due to sweating, rubbing or swimming.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Valued Contributor
Elta MD for me, too. Shop around , but I usually purchase from Amazon.
Super Contributor

I use EltaMD UV Clear Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 and really like it. It states that it is for acne prone skin. While I am no longer in those acne prone years, it goes on nicely under makeup and does not feel greasy. It also contains niacinamide which is said to help with skin discoloration. I purchase mine at Lovely Skin and/or Dermstore.