Valued Contributor

Elemis recent TSV initial thoughts

I just received the Elemis TSV. I was looking for a day time alternative to Paula's Choice. I have just tried all of the products.

The facial oil has a "green odor" not sure how to descibe it, just odd to me. It does soak right in though, and is not "greasy feeling".

The eye serum: The pump dispenses too much in my opinion. There is a pleasant odor which dissipates right away. It does absorb in and is not greasy feeling either.

The marine collagen cream is interesting. I believe very little is needed. It has a pleasant odor, kind of reminds me a little bit of a cross between Noxzema and Ponds cold cream. The smell goes away quickly too. It also absorbs rather quickly. I do think I put on too much.

Looks to me like with a once a day application, this will last a long time.

None of the products were sealed.

I have very sensitive skin, so this will be interesting to see what happens. I love trying new things!

Any other opinions?

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Respected Contributor

Re: Elemis recent TSV initial thoughts

@CatLoverDogsToo wrote:

I just received the Elemis TSV. I was looking for a day time alternative to Paula's Choice. I have just tried all of the products.

The facial oil has a "green odor" not sure how to descibe it, just odd to me. It does soak right in though, and is not "greasy feeling".

The eye serum: The pump dispenses too much in my opinion. There is a pleasant odor which dissipates right away. It does absorb in and is not greasy feeling either.

The marine collagen cream is interesting. I believe very little is needed. It has a pleasant odor, kind of reminds me a little bit of a cross between Noxzema and Ponds cold cream. The smell goes away quickly too. It also absorbs rather quickly. I do think I put on too much.

Looks to me like with a once a day application, this will last a long time.

None of the products were sealed.

I have very sensitive skin, so this will be interesting to see what happens. I love trying new things!

Any other opinions?

@CatLoverDogsToo So far I like the Elemis (hope so because I bought two on A/D). I have used the older Elemis eye that I tried on a cruise and liked it so I ordered. I use Retin-A, Paulas Choice recent A/D and the Elemis A/D each every third night. I really like the Paula's Choice and think I'll like the Elemis but not enough time. Not crazy about the scent of the cream but it is very mild. As you can tell I'm a skincare junkie.

Respected Contributor

I am not sure yet. So far the skin on my face feels tight. and a little uncomfortable. I am not wild about the scent either but I will give it a little more time. I am traveling Monday and Tuesday and probably will bring my old standby's with me and it will be interesting to see if my skin feels tight on those days. I also think the eye serum dispenses too much product. The texture of the cream is nice and the scent is OK and the face oil really reminds me of the Skinn Collagenese oil . 

Valued Contributor

I've been using the TSV for two days. So far, I am completely surprised how much I like the oil. I can't use oils because, for some reason, they make my face peel. This oil soaks into my skin, gives a wonderful soft feel and no peeling. I did not buy this kit for the oil. It seems to be really good stuff so far.

I'll wait to comment on the cream after using it longer.

Frequent Contributor

I hemmed and hawed about buying the ELEMIS TSV, but ultimately broke down and bought it. I used it the first time last night and based solely on my first use, I'm loving it. Upon waking up this morning, my skin looked plump and even toned. The oil absorbed super fast. The cream left me with a slight tingly feeling for about 15 to 20 seconds. The oil has a nice spa-like scent. The cream has a very pleasant scent as well. The eye serum came out of the bottle way too fast. I like the eye serum the least. Loving the oil and cream thus far. 

No, the products weren't sealed. However, it took about 5 to 7 pumps to get the eye serum flowing, so I'm not doubting that the products are new and fresh. And believe you me, I'm the first to question something like that. 

I had absolutely no expectations for the ELEMIS TSV, but I love it so far. I hope I continue to do so.

Valued Contributor

Must be nice to be using it for a few days.

My order went from VA to CA, and I'm in AZ.

It's touring the country.  lol

Jean