Trusted Contributor

Ebay- said delivered last week by post office, never received

I looked at "my ebay" wondering where my blush is & I see it got delivered a week ago by the post office.  there was a tracking # on it.   I never got it.   Anything I can do?

Respected Contributor

Re: Ebay- said delivered last week by post office, never received

That happened to me several times and I physically went to the local post office and they asked my carrier what he did with it...chances are it's tucked in a door you don't open, put in the entrance way or possibly it's still at the post office and a slip didn't get written.

I wouldn't panic yet but it's probably a small package and you need to make some inquiries.

Good luck.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks, I will do some checking.  The tracking # says it was delived last Tuesday. 

I will also put a sign up by the mailboxes & ask if anyone has it.

I am unfortunately in a apartment, not by my choice.  I hate it.  My husband got a job in another state & we had to sell our home & here I live for now, ughhhh. sigh.

Respected Contributor

Oh my, I would still go to the post office and ask, it may be there waiting for you to pick it up.  If not, the people at the desk will investigate who the carrier was and follow up that way too...seriously, the post office takes this seriously, at least by me.

If it was sent priority mail, there's $50 insurance on it, you can fill out the form at the post office too.

Either way, I'm sure you'll find it.

Valued Contributor

Just call your credit card and explain the situation. They will take it off your bill.  This happened to me twice.  I talked to the manager of my post office.  She said she was going to get back to me....never did but I never had to pay for the items. I would also contact e-bay.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your help. 

I just put a sign up by the mailboxes asking if anyone has it.

I will catch the mail carrier tomorrow & ask her about it...thing is there are a lot of packages delivered in this 12 apartment grouping, she would never remember

This is the second time I have not received a package,  First was by UPS, Evine refunded my money.  I am scared now as I am expecting 2 packages from UPS this week (Evine, Suzanne Somers)

Yes, I love buying beauty!

I have only lived here 7 months, did I tell you I hate living here?   

Trusted Contributor

Funny how this never happened to me the 17 years I lived at my house,

Problem with apartments, people can easily steal your packages. The locked boxes are so small they put packages in an open area for anyone to take, they should put them right in front of your door

I am going to ask my husband if I can send them to his job from now on.

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1 wrote:

Funny how this never happened to me the 17 years I lived at my house,

Problem with apartments, people can easily steal your packages. The locked boxes are so small they put packages in an open area for anyone to take, they should put them right in front of your door

I am going to ask my husband if I can send them to his job from now on.

@AnnMarie-1 A package must be scanned by the postal worker.

You might want to have packages held at the post office for pick-up or you need to sign for any package.

Trusted Contributor

@Sister Golden Hair Thanks, I will ask the postal worker that I want to do that, sign or I can pick them up, I am tired of this problem. 

Honored Contributor

@AnnMarie-1  If you are unable to locate the package in a day or so, contact your eBay seller.  It is their responsibility to get the package to you.  She should either send a duplicate or refund your payment.  

If she insured the pkg, she should take care of any claims, not you.  It is not a credit card issue.  I'm sure your seller will reimburse you, but should she balk, you can open a case with eBay and they'll see you get a refund.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment