Respected Contributor
Have any of you bought Bare MInerals on Ebay? What seller have you used and had good luck with?

Are these products the real thing or fake fillers? How are they able to sell them so cheaply?

TIASmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Yes.  Because of a thread in this forum about finishing powders, I purchased Mineral Veil from an ebay vendor.  Borghese and Peter Thomas Roth masques were my next really good beauty "find".  

My choices are guided by ebay's seller rating.  The percentage of satisfactory transactions is listed for every item if the seller has had enough transactions to generate stats. You don't even have to change screens.  If you want more information,  you can, by clicking on the item, view the number of transactions, the average rating of the seller's performance, sometimes specific reviews.

I haven't found a pattern that will help you identify a specific seller for BE yet but I really don't think you will suffer loss for not having one.  Just go for a top rated seller with thousands of sales, insist on new, factory sealed product and don't pay unnecessary shipping costs no matter who you choose to do business with.  

Respected Contributor

Thank you!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Ebay/Bare Minerals

[ Edited ]

Me too, I buy most all my high end cosmetics on ebay, you have nothing to lose, all sales are guaranteed by ebay and PayPal, and they do make good on everything, if you have an issue.

FYI, ebay  is on Mr Rebates, Ebates, etc.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you.  Reasurance is always appreciated !

Honored Contributor

I haven't purchased BE per se, but I have bought cosmetics many times over with no issues.

And continue to.

I've been a satisfied Ebay buyer for a long time, and you can easily choose a good seller by their rating and reviews.

That info is displayed to the right of any item on its individual page.

Trusted Contributor

I have purchased many Bare Minerals eyeshadows on Ebay.  A word of caution.  Be certain that your seller has a high rating.  You will find it in the upper right hand corner of the listing.  If they have too many negative or neutral reviews, find one with a much higher rating.  I don't use any sellers bellow a 99% rating for any skin care or cosmetics and have never had a bit of a problem with dated or counterfeit products.