Super Contributor

EOS lip balm now has a class action Lawsuit against them

I've never used it since I've always preferred stick lip balms.:

http://time.com/4179543/eos-lip-balm-lawsuit/

If you are interested, TMZ's site  has pictures of some people who filed complaints.

Valued Contributor

Re: EOS lip balm now has a class action Lawsuit against them

I used one of these when they first came out and found them to be drying. I always feel with cosmetics, one thing may work for someone, and another may not. I have broken out from various cosmetic products throughout the years and just threw them away. 

Valued Contributor

I wish these plaintiffs a speedy recovery. It looked painful. I have a few friends that use this balm. I will pass the info on to them.

Honored Contributor

Never tried it, but I see it all the time at the checkout line in Walmart.

Honored Contributor

This actually happened to me.  I thought it was an allergy or something but when I saw the pictures on TMZ I recognized it immediately.  I'll have to check into that lawsuit, thank you for the information!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

These lawsuits are getting ridiculous. If you have an adverse reaction to a product, stop using it. We all can't have everything work well for us and obviously there are tons of other customers who have not had  any problems. I've never used this product but I've had reactions to various products from various brands but it never entered my mind to sue the company-I simply stopped using them and sometimes I will write the company and let them know my experience. Tarte's lipsurgence and Too Faced's lip plumper, for example, burned my lips and made them peel after first use. Josie Maran's "milk" made my skin feel like it was buring to the point I had to finally go wash it off and even then my skin looked red and was a bit painful for a few hours after I washed it off. If a product caused your lips to feel like "sandpaper" after using it, even several hours later, would you even think to keep using it? Geez. We are becoming a sue happy nation. Or, I should say, even more so than before. 

Respected Contributor

Oh my. I have been using this all week since it finally got cold in FL. Noticed my lips were still chapped, maybe worse. Thought it was because of running the heat. Now I seem to recall I had an issue last year and went through several different balms before they cleared up. Back to Lysine. 

Honored Contributor

We are a litigious society, and seem to become more so every day.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Super Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

These lawsuits are getting ridiculous. If you have an adverse reaction to a product, stop using it. We all can't have everything work well for us and obviously there are tons of other customers who have not had  any problems. I've never used this product but I've had reactions to various products from various brands but it never entered my mind to sue the company-I simply stopped using them and sometimes I will write the company and let them know my experience. Tarte's lipsurgence and Too Faced's lip plumper, for example, burned my lips and made them peel after first use. Josie Maran's "milk" made my skin feel like it was buring to the point I had to finally go wash it off and even then my skin looked red and was a bit painful for a few hours after I washed it off. If a product caused your lips to feel like "sandpaper" after using it, even several hours later, would you even think to keep using it? Geez. We are becoming a sue happy nation. Or, I should say, even more so than before. 

I couldn't agree with you more.  It seems to me that common sense would be to stop using the product if your having a reaction.  How is the company responsible if you have a reaction to it?  If you take an antibiotic and have a reaction to it, you tell your doctor and move on, not sue the company.  Some people will sue for anything.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know the details of this particular suit, but I'm definitely not going to make a blanket statement against ALL such actions.

If it turns out that a company IS knowingly producing a harmful product and as a result people have been adversely affected, that's what our legal system is there for.

Class-action suits are one of the best ways to get the attention of companies. That's why so many corporations instead use mandatory arbitration, which prohibits class-action suits, in many contract situations with consumers.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland